Seq Jungle Perch

That is some really great work. Hopefully we will stop turning our creeks and rivers into open drains in the future. The key to stopping land degradation and dead waterways appears to be slowing the flow at as many points as possible which not only allows water creatures to move around but also makes best use of water during peak times like minor flooding events. I got a nice warm glow watching that video.

11 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

That is some really great work. Hopefully we will stop turning our creeks and rivers into open drains in the future. The key to stopping land degradation and dead waterways appears to be slowing the flow at as many points as possible which not only allows water creatures to move around but also makes best use of water during peak times like minor flooding events. I got a nice warm glow watching that video.

We should try and fix a few creeks as well. Planting trees and getting rid of fish barriers. 

On 24/04/2019 at 9:45 AM, Luc53 said:

Yep, now it needs a commercial hatchery to take it on.

Bit of a catch 22, hatcheries need demand but if there's no supply there's no demand.

Also have to get fisheries approval to stock them in dams.

Make great aquarium fish!!

They would be a great aquarium fish! Fun as hell. 

On 24/04/2019 at 3:57 AM, Dinodadog said:

That fish ladder is at Brendale. PRFMA made a visit to the hatchery at Bribie where they have several big tanks full of JPs, some over 60cm models. A JP of the same size as a bass would pull a bass backwards, they are thicker around the shoulders.They loose their spots as they grow bigger also.It has taken years to work out what to feed the fry and get the survival rate up.

Dino

I'd love to read more if you had any other information on the hatchery? 

On 26/04/2019 at 5:02 PM, Luc53 said:

Contact the hatchery, they may still have organised tours.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/contact/offices/stations-facilities/bribie-island

If you want to read up on the breeding project - http://era.daf.qld.gov.au/id/eprint/5124/1/2012-213-DLD.pdf (only 169 pages).

Thanks Luc, I will do that... I just need to get past this week... Wynnum Fishing Classic is a lot of work to organise. 🙂