The New Boat

GregOug

• 10 months later...
On 08/03/2020 at 11:05 PM, Rusty_Nail said:

Hi Greg, the first prop was the 3 blade (Eco Enteria 19P) - great prop but probably not as well suited to the boat as the Rev4. The prop I've got now is the 4 blade (Revolution 4 19P) which should the same as yours as I picked it up on Saturday and H mentioned he was supplying it for new customers with the same motor.

A pic of our boat anchored at Pelican Banks off Fraser at Xmas.

By the way, what are you doing for a bait board as have been looking around for one that will mount on the ski pole?

Pelican Bank.jpg

That looks amazing mate.  Where did you get the Bimini/hardtop? Are you happy with the rough water handling? 

I'm looking at getting one, same motor (200 proXS), for the Sandy Strait mostly, so would love to hear your thoughts. I love the layout of the boat.

1 hour ago, WilliBoaz said:

That looks amazing mate.  Where did you get the Bimini/hardtop? Are you happy with the rough water handling? 

I'm looking at getting one, same motor (200 proXS), for the Sandy Strait mostly, so would love to hear your thoughts. I love the layout of the boat.

Mate, I can’t fault it except to say that with the 200 on the back you will find very few times you can actually wind it right out. I haven’t found an occasion yet. 

Just now, GregOug said:

Mate, I can’t fault it except to say that with the 200 on the back you will find very few times you can actually wind it right out. I haven’t found an occasion yet. 

Ring Hayden Wyld at Wyld About Boats and he will look after you. Ph 0418195397. Mention my name and you should get it for $10000 more than the normal price. Lol.

1 hour ago, WilliBoaz said:

It comes with the Bimini as standard. It handles the rough water well. But I’m biased. Ask @ellicat or @Old Scaley. They have both been out on it.

22 hours ago, WilliBoaz said:

Hi WilliBoaz,

If you're referring to the pic I had posted at Pelican Banks off Fraser, that style of bimini comes with the Fluid Core wakeboard tower that we had added to the boat as an optional extra, which along with clears which makes trips on the bay even better for the wife and kids.

Per what Greg mentioned, the boat comes with a normal type bimini as standard though.

We haven't had much chance on the open water to wind it up, but have given it a few runs at WOT on the river - however as Greg said there's not too many times when you'll need that speed - however the torque for pulling skiers is great from the V8.

20200802_110134.thumb.jpg.7de34b0ea2ca5e1a4a08043db8ccb688.jpg

47 minutes ago, Rusty_Nail said:

Hi WilliBoaz,

If you're referring to the pic I had posted at Pelican Banks off Fraser, that style of bimini comes with the Fluid Core wakeboard tower that we had added to the boat as an optional extra, which along with clears which makes trips on the bay even better for the wife and kids.

Per what Greg mentioned, the boat comes with a normal type bimini as standard though.

We haven't had much chance on the open water to wind it up, but have given it a few runs at WOT on the river - however as Greg said there's not too many times when you'll need that speed - however the torque for pulling skiers is great from the V8.

20200802_110134.thumb.jpg.7de34b0ea2ca5e1a4a08043db8ccb688.jpg

Thanks Rusty, I'm looking at getting one with the V8, mainly for extra torque for pulling out a skier with a fully loaded boat, rather than top speed (although that's nice too).

And yes, I was referring to the photo at Pelican. Looks really nice.

22 hours ago, GregOug said:

It comes with the Bimini as standard. It handles the rough water well. But I’m biased. Ask @ellicat or @Old Scaley. They have both been out on it.

Thanks Greg, although I meant the one on Rusty Nail's boat.

I appreciate your replies, so good to hear from people who own the boat.

I've just paid deposit for one with 200 proXS V8. Super excited.

How do you find the black colour on a hot day?

9 minutes ago, WilliBoaz said:

Thanks Greg, although I meant the one on Rusty Nail's boat.

I appreciate your replies, so good to hear from people who own the boat.

I've just paid deposit for one with 200 proXS V8. Super excited.

How do you find the black colour on a hot day?

The seats can get a bit hot on those really hot days but I haven’t really found it to be a problem. Which dealer did you order the boat from?