Middle Bay Trips Last Two Weekends

kmcrosby78

Good work @kmcrosby78 

Sounds like your spot has some potential to hold good fish ,  

How is the current in this location ?

Finding wire weed patches in the bay is sometimes very rewarding especially once you work out when the fish move in to feed . ,

Wont be long now and Moreton bay will be in full swing with solid snapper / Cobia and other good fish.  

Cheers 

Josh <><

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice report @kmcrosby78. Good to see you and the boys getting out. Any grinners around? 😂

Apart from the mongrel thieving b#stards who knocked off your pots, were there many boats out? 

Funny you say ask that Steve, as I forgot to add one more photo ..........

458302024_TwogrinnersonehookLiam.thumb.jpg.787bef8e8c51df79ad7f698ad6dfc3a2.jpg

Liam managed to catch two (one very small one) grinners on the one hook ....... 🙂 Bugger all boats out on both Saturday arvos, particularly the one just gone, as it was quite windy. A fair few out on the Sunday's though with better weather.

5 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Good work @kmcrosby78 

Finding wire weed patches in the bay is sometimes very rewarding especially once you work out when the fish move in to feed . ,

Wont be long now and Moreton bay will be in full swing with solid snapper / Cobia and other good fish.  

Cheers 

Josh <><

Cheers Josh, yes I'm hoping it will be a fruitful spot come snapper season. My first session there a couple of months ago I think I lost a decent snapper that zoomed off. I had to pass the rod from one corner rod holder around the back of the baitboard and above the other rods in the baitboard rod holders and think I dipped my rod tip too low at one point in doing so. Grrrr!!!! 

The spot forms a bit of a bay but has a point, so I need to experiment with anchoring positions to see what works best. Think I need to shell out for an electric motor 🙂.

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Funny you say ask that Steve, as I forgot to add one more photo ..........

458302024_TwogrinnersonehookLiam.thumb.jpg.787bef8e8c51df79ad7f698ad6dfc3a2.jpg

Liam managed to catch two (one very small one) grinners on the one hook ....... 🙂 Bugger all boats out on both Saturday arvos, particularly the one just gone, as it was quite windy. A fair few out on the Sunday's though with better weather.

Two grinners on the one hook! That apple didn’t fall far from the tree, eh Kelvin?

1 hour ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Good work @kmcrosby78 

Cheers 

Josh <><

Stop it @Cobiaaddict. You made me go all tingly and I am straight as an arrow! Man I hope we are allowed to keep fishing over the winter season.  All those sparkling clear days on the Bay with barely a breath of breeze, snapper everywhere......... now I am making myself tingly. Bring it on.