Brisbane River Session #17

AUS-BNE-FISHO

24 minutes ago, ellicat said:

A nice bit of variety for your efforts.

I can't go out so am envious. Thanks for reporting again.

Hi ellicat

Yes, it was a bit of a mix. You must be in isolation, I would go crazy if I was. 😉 

19 minutes ago, fishingnut said:

Snip the spines off the catties and send em back our for live bait, of better yet that bream if you want to tangle with a shark 

Hi fishingnut

Alright, I have heard of this before. I am mainly targeting threadies at the moment though, hence me catching one the a couple of days ago.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

On 18/04/2020 at 6:21 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hey fishingnut

Thanks for the tips, jon also recommended this to me so if I catch some prawns next time I will do.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Nice work again,  for someone of your age to take  such good notes of weather, tides dates humidity etc and keep records of them is pretty impressive. The more you fish certain spots the more you’ll start to crack a pattern. The makings of a gun fisho indeed. Keep up the good work! 

Edited by jon

Hiya jon

Thanks for that, I have only started to take notes of the tides, moons, etc as of last year, mainly so I could find a pattern. I have worked out that the run out is the best at this spot, and I am starting to think about how much bait was around the day I caught that threadfin salmon. I will keep it up and hopefully learn more on the way.

Cheers Hamish 🙂