Where Am I ?

ellicat

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

Just one place there that I know of. All I remember to get there is you turn right off the barge and head south and you will stumble across it. Benno took me there one time. Quite pretty with a lagoon (looks a bit ike your pic).

Edit: Just had a look on Google maps and it is probably Mirapool Lagoon.

Thanks mate. I’ll check it out sometime.

13 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Byfield State Forest/National Park?

13 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Fishers landing?

12 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Cattle creek?

3 minutes ago, benno573 said:

Elim Beach?

1 minute ago, benno573 said:

North of Cape Bowing Green i.e. somwhere from Townsville up mate.  There's nowhere in Byfield that looks that nice!

Nope

33 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Ah. Well now Hamish. You may finally have won. I was going to ask for the name of the actual beach but that might be pushing it too far. Over to you.

Hi GregOug

Thanks for that, I never would've guessed because unlike some here I have no knowledge of up North, and I was using maps (is that cheating?) It was a great spot, that's for sure. 🙂 

30 minutes ago, GregOug said:

By the way, the name of the actual beach is Garners Beach. If anyone is ever up that way it’s definitely worth a look. It’s the only place I know of where you can sit on the sand, right next to the water under a huge shady tree and fish. 

I will certainly see if we can take a look if we are ever there, it sounds like a very good spot for a fish. I doubt I will be there in a long time though...

Here it is everyone - 

Oxley Creek - Wikipedia

My first hint will be that it's in Brisbane.

Cheers Hamish 🙂