New Pb On Crazy Light Line

Brodie_S

39 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Yeah the queenfish taste really good fresh just don’t freeze them if you gonna keep queenfish you have to eat them on the day they were caught 

Yep, they're like most other trevally then. Pan sized GT's (or a bit bigger) are one of my favourite fish to chew on... FRESH! 🙂 

Cheers Hamish

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Today I went back down to Cooktown wharf . Wharf was fairly busy no one catching anything but were getting bites . I defrosted some herring I caught the other night cut it into small pieces and baited up my 2-4kg rod instead of my 1-3kg try something a bit different I thought .was using a small hook 6lb braid and 10lb leader for Because of all the oysters and rocks and my usual 1000 Stradic fl I flicked  my bait a couple of metres maybe 2-3 as my bait sunk to the bottom I got a huge run I set my hook then all of the sudden I get a screaming drag and the fish just doesn’t stop after about a 40m run in 30 seconds I start slowly winding the fish in and it goes for a few more shorter runs about 5-7 metres a couple people bring their lines in so the fish doesn’t get tangled as I bring the fish closer It’s a turns out it was a queenfish took about 7 minutes to bring in and other 3 or so to land I found a sandy bank and pulled the fish onto the bank and a massive queenfish was successfully landed . It took me 3 or so minutes to setup first cast I got the fish then shortly after killing and bleeding the fish I left I was their no longer then 20 minutes talk about a good session that ended up with a new PB fish was 69cm I wish the online fishing comp started today so I could put that in the trevally section for team north hopefully I will get another one like that for the Comp didn’t weigh the fish but was probably around 5-7kg the fillets alone were probably around 4-5kg

8523F7E3-A82F-449E-93A8-DF1BD890C922.jpeg

Brilliant mate well done bring another of those in for us northsiders 

2 hours ago, Breaming with bro said:

Today I went back down to Cooktown wharf . Wharf was fairly busy no one catching anything but were getting bites . I defrosted some herring I caught the other night cut it into small pieces and baited up my 2-4kg rod instead of my 1-3kg try something a bit different I thought .was using a small hook 6lb braid and 10lb leader for Because of all the oysters and rocks and my usual 1000 Stradic fl I flicked  my bait a couple of metres maybe 2-3 as my bait sunk to the bottom I got a huge run I set my hook then all of the sudden I get a screaming drag and the fish just doesn’t stop after about a 40m run in 30 seconds I start slowly winding the fish in and it goes for a few more shorter runs about 5-7 metres a couple people bring their lines in so the fish doesn’t get tangled as I bring the fish closer It’s a turns out it was a queenfish took about 7 minutes to bring in and other 3 or so to land I found a sandy bank and pulled the fish onto the bank and a massive queenfish was successfully landed . It took me 3 or so minutes to setup first cast I got the fish then shortly after killing and bleeding the fish I left I was their no longer then 20 minutes talk about a good session that ended up with a new PB fish was 69cm I wish the online fishing comp started today so I could put that in the trevally section for team north hopefully I will get another one like that for the Comp didn’t weigh the fish but was probably around 5-7kg the fillets alone were probably around 4-5kg

8523F7E3-A82F-449E-93A8-DF1BD890C922.jpeg

Great catch. Great report. Just need to use full stops and sentences. Lol