Beautiful Day But Alas No Decent Fish

Ed.

Mostly the eastern side, after that headed over to the Tangalooma area, and we were intending to go over the Hutchinsons Reef so the missus could look for whales but the wind was picking up so decided against it . I was regretting not bringing the snorkeling gear with me as the water around Cowan Cowan was really clean and would have liked to have gone for a swim.

Bummer on the score card. 

Those days are 1 in 100. 

You find yourself with next to no weight on and sitting on the floor of the boat so the fish can't see the stupid fisherman rig his line and drop it in. 

Snorkelling is the go on those days.....or squiding on a nice patch of coffee rock or reef. 

Had a day like that years ago off the top of Moreton. I had the snorkel on and my mate was fishing from the boat. 

I was like a crane dogman in the water telling him to wind....then stop....now go...strike. We got some good squid that day.  

1 minute ago, Junky said:

Bummer on the score card. 

Those days are 1 in 100. 

You find yourself with next to no weight on and sitting on the floor of the boat so the fish can't see the stupid fisherman rig his line and drop it in. 

Snorkelling is the go on those days.....or squiding on a nice patch of coffee rock or reef. 

Had a day like that years ago off the top of Moreton. I had the snorkel on and my mate was fishing from the boat. 

I was like a crane dogman in the water telling him to wind....then stop....now go...strike. We got some good squid that day.  

Have done this but without your success haha. 

8 hours ago, Ed. said:

I did  a heap of snorkeling/spearfishing/scuba diving  when I was a teenager, now that I am much older and life has caught up to me,  I now only rarely go snorkeling unfortunately. But I do know what you mean, we used to swim around and see heaps of fish and the fishermen were all on the piers with their lines in the water and the fish would just ignore all the baits. So we just got a feed with our spear guns and also collected all their snagged jigs from the bottom.

Winning. 

9 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Ah well you cant get them all the time. Muds usually fished fairly hard this time of year. Sure Looks like a fun day out, i have to work 14 days on so im a bit jealous! Hopefully this fishing and weather will be good for your 1770 trip. 

P.S Is the outboard holding up?

Regards,

It seems to be.Touch wood!

I haven't fished that area before apart from one time when I went up with out a boat and just fished the inlet side of the rocks, I was hoping to go to the Lady Musgrave area ( bottom end of the group) but that will depend on the weather and sea conditions which last time  I checked was not all that favourable after the first couple of days. So might have stick to the inlet or close to shore, but you know how weather predictions can be so will decide on the morning and fish accordingly.

On 02/09/2020 at 4:54 PM, Ed. said:

I haven't fished that area before apart from one time when I went up with out a boat and just fished the inlet side of the rocks, I was hoping to go to the Lady Musgrave area ( bottom end of the group) but that will depend on the weather and sea conditions which last time  I checked was not all that favourable after the first couple of days. So might have stick to the inlet or close to shore, but you know how weather predictions can be so will decide on the morning and fish accordingly.

Good one mate. Good luck. I'm super keen to get back there one day.