Morning yak

benno573

4 hours ago, fishingnut said:

Well done mate. How do you cook the trevs? Only ever seen them used to make fish cakes 

I have pan fried fillets with and without flour or crumbs, and also in beer batter. They were really good. Just as good as golden trevs in my opinion. I bought some fresh mullet fillets on Straddie this week. I had forgotten how good they taste fresh.

Didn’t mean to hijack your thread @benno573. Nice little morning session. When are we going fishing again?

On 19/09/2021 at 10:16 AM, fishingnut said:

Well done mate. How do you cook the trevs? Only ever seen them used to make fish cakes 

as long as they are bled and looked after, pan fried dusted in flour works a treat. also hold together well in a curry or similar.  extremely underrated food fish at that size in my opinion.

On 18/09/2021 at 11:28 PM, Jono4500 said:

Nice work, sounds like a successfull morning to me,. Can I ask what lure did u get flattie on the troll?

a mixture.  zerek tango shad 50mm, damiki armour shad 55mm and even picked up two on trolled plastics.  landed 8 for the morning but unfortunately not the table sized one i was looking for.