Kayak session this weekend

The Mad Hughesy

Remember the olden days on this forum (BFO), as the weekend was approaching the forum would be full of new topics of where people were going, decky spots, invites to meet up and have a fish etc. They sure seemed to have faded right away now.

anyway, I'm going to brush the cobwebs off the Hobie for a very early session at the Newport canals this Saturday morning. Probably launch at first light for a couple of hours and see if i can score some more points for the North. Anyone is welcome to come along if they wanted. Usually plenty of bream and cod to be caught flicking at the pontoons.

14 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Good luck on Saturday @christophagus. I am heading out in the morning (Friday) for the first time since early November. Hope I can remember which end of the rod is which. Pretty pumped to be getting out though.

That’s the spirit mate. Get out there and get amongst it! If there is one thing kids have taught me, is to make use of the time when you have it. I only wet a line 3 times last year

5 hours ago, Kat said:

Think that tradition should start again!  As someone constantly tells me I am still defecating yellow when it comes to fishing - so I don't remember the old days 😺

If I had a yak or a car at the moment would love to join.  Love catching and eating cod. 

And Good Luck!  Is Cod on the leaderboard?

Agreed! Yep, cod is on the list. Fresh or salt versions. 

Good luck Chris, hope you get some company but no doubt you'll have fun regardless. Geez, three times in a year is a lean stretch - hope you make up for it this year. I did mostly night sessions when my oldest son was young so it didn't cut into family time (unless you could count me having a big sleep in on Sunday mornings ....... 🙂).