Which lasts longer exposed to sunlight for long periods of time?

Kat

• Kat changed the title to Which lasts longer exposed to sunlight for long periods of time?
7 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I refuse to say, as I hate wind chimes. Just annoying.

Look what have you been reduced to with these rubbish conditions for fishing. lol

Mono.

Ha ha.  Are you sure?  No I have definitely not been reduced to that!  My stepdad has built his own kiln and doing pottery among countless other things in his retirement.  One of those pottery items are wind chimes.  I think I will have to get you one - the one with fish hanging from it.  Yes they are annoying I agree.

32 minutes ago, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Kat

Braid definitely lasts longer, as opposed to mono or fluorocarbon. Though if you want to use mono then I would use heavier line (ie 30 pound).

Cheers Hamish 

What is your source of information Hamish?  

Kat, I've been told to give you more info on wind chimes.

Ann says the string/line only breaks on the clay ones from the rubbing

action not from the mono perishing.

The only one I've repaired are the ones with the original string on them,

not the ones with mono on them, if that makes sense to you.

No doubt the mono would perish over time but according to Ann they mostly

fail due to rubbing through rather than perish.

Hope that helps, don't know what size mono I used but looking at it I'd say

about the 25/30 pound.

Edited by Angry51
correct.

Just now, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

I have made the mistake of leaving spools of mono/fishing rods with mono leader in the sun. The next time I tried to use them they were brittle and snapped. Though to be fair this was pretty light mono (20 pound and below).

And to compare, I have left braid in the sun and the only affect is discolouration of the line (goes from green to white). 

12 hours ago, Another Wazza said:

It truly is sad Brian, but what concerns me the most is Kat has gone and fabricated an elaborate story, and dragged her step dad into this to justify how her time has been spent during this period of less then favourable fishing conditions, Hahahaha, I’m just taking the pi$$ Kat, 

Fear not though, you are not alone, I haven’t resorted to wind chime manufacturing yet, but have been busted sitting in my tinny making boat noises, you see, these withdrawals effect everybody differently, sadly there is no community support group to help us either, I think we should just all keep an eye out for one another during this difficult time, Hahahaha 

You could go crabbing…

(note no pictures as the crabs forgot to stay in my pot 🤦‍♂️😂 ).