Miscellaneous Fish?

obone

My mate Dan (DG89) caught this fella last night (8/12/07). Not much of a fight, just more of a dead weight.

It went about 40cm! And he was a bloody angry bugger! Kept like trying to jump out of the net, and when he succeeded he ran at me! No joke!

I had never seen (or heard of) a turtle in the river before but there you go.

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

Joel ;)

Heres my Misc for day 3, landed 2 first 48cm then 58cm wanted to release it live so I cruised back early to weigh in then released across from comslie ramp at the wharfs weighed 2.27kg on plastics not to bad then franco came in with a couple a bit bigger around 3kg:angry: :PThanks to the Chillys for the photos I had to get them to take the shots cause I was by myself.[img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/BRC_07_day_3_008_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598435448_thumb.jpg

You can hear Brian thinking, \"Albert River Bass here I come!\":laugh:

Was great to see him take out the prize that everyone wanted to win because you know it'll lead to some great fishing reports. Incredible fish especially in a competition.

I felt for Ando though. Imagine catching a 120cm Thready and coming second :ohmy:

Would like to say that’s to the team at afo, did a very good job guys!

Also was good meeting all the members I have never meet before.

Few pics from today

Brians salmon.

1.jpg

Team Anderson got done by four theadies, before I landed this one ( that’s what happens when u use bass gear)

2.jpg

3.jpg

She went 126cms and 11.900kgs

Brians went 130cms and 12kg

4.jpg

Brian with the winning grin to wind up a good weekend

5.jpg

BTW changed shirt after i took a few pics did'nt want it getting all smelly

If I hadn't have been there to see the first one landed I wouldn't have believed it possible! The Brisbane River you say?!

Great effort by you both I reckon.

Andos have every right to be happy with that fish regardless of the tale of the scales. As I said to Brian at the time, forget the comp. and just enjoy the moment and the memory of such a great fight and experience.

I got a rush just by slipping the net under Brian's, so I can only imagine the adrenalin both of you felt when you saw your first flash of threadie boatside.:woohoo:

Congrats on the win Brian, a lot of effort went into that fish and not just over the last 3 days either.

Rocket

PS I'm the stunned looking fellow in the straw hat beside Brian in the boat as he holds aloft his beauty!

Thank you time. Oh course I am stoked! Stoked about the fish, stoked about the win and stoked about the prize. Far out what a ripper prize, it’s as good as winning a car to me! Thank you to the organizers and sponsors, for without your efforts and generosity I would still be dreaming about winning a comp and owing a magnificent yak like the one you gave me, so thanks forever.

Thanks deckies (Rocket and Aaron) for putting up with my boasting humor, smell and ugly looks for 3 days. It was great fun and I would do it again today if the world would let me. Rocket Rod is right, I am counting it as a reward for many hours fishing over and beyond the comp hours.

The last thank you goes to Angus for inviting his sister and her friends to the weigh in ;) nice move mate.:)

Rocket75 wrote:

Late update for those online.

Brian D of the Southern Chillies weighed in this monster today.

Contender for Misc Fish section I reckon.

12kg+, approx 130cm.

Full report I'll leave for Brian.

Rocket

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/xmas_tree_017.jpg

See the red spots on the fish, what are they? This photo was taken about 10 mins after the catch so it's not from abuse after the landing. I am putting it down to the tough fight it gave coming to the baot. It gave me some curry and I gave it back, so I figure it is from the stress of the fight, similar to me going red in the face when I have to climb a set of stairs.

Does anyone know better?

Yep. Awesome work on those threadies. Got to see both of them and they were awesome. Good to see the smiling faces on everyone, and to see some faces in real life and not just in pictures on the forum. Unfortunately had a family dinner to attend so had to leave before the prizes were handed out.

And yep I'll third the call by Brian and Dan...motion moved. :D hahaha

Archived