Thought I'd say G'day

Bob9863

I'm down to a piraiba and a tiger fish on my list of must catch fish, I've found a park that has both so hopefully I can tick both them off in the bear future. 

Catching in a park might seem like cheating a, but but it's just not possible to go fishing fir many of these species in the wild any more and it still comes, down to you being able to entice a reluctant fish to bite. 

It's a lot harder then you might think, the fish are well feed and are very hook shy so you have to be spot on in your presentation. 

They also put a lot of nuisance fish in that you gave to work your way around to get the big ones. 

I've landed 15 barra in under 2 hours trying to entice a reluctant bite from one of the big ones. 

Who would think catching that many barra would be a PITA.

Guides are 50/50, I never had one and made mistakes my 1st few trips. 

But some of the parks are great to deal with, they might not speak enough English but are pretty handy with Google translate. 

Your hotel can usually make some arrangements for you, and it's easy to hire a taxi driver for the day. 

I did that my 1st outing to bungsamran, cost me 2000baht or about $90 to hire him for the day. 

Took me a while to figure out how to mix the bait up and what works, which made some locals laugh, but it's a bit of an art. 

Bait fishing is a bread based putty or pellets most places, you use a little burly cage with a hook hanging off it to make giant bait balls. 

But if you go to the smaller lakes they really look after you, most of the ponds won't it's pretty much a case of being treated like a local. 

The small lakes will use a lot of live bait, but will mix up vegetarian baits for some of the non predator species. 

There's plenty of package tours but I don't like them, I've fished near a few and they are all pretty much focused on getting everyone a minimum amount of fish to keep them happy and you pay a lot more for the privilege. 

It might be worth doing one or two and pay close attention to how they set the gear, the bait and mix it and then you should be fine on your own.