Boggy Session at Boggy Creek

charlie.hans.fishing

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

So good to see how keen you boys are to get out and keep trying new spots. I think Hamish is right - Boggy would be a perfect spot for kayak fishing. I wouldn’t be surprised to find a jack lurking up amongst those mangroves in summer. You should be very grateful to have parents who are willing to drive you all over town so you can scratch the fishing itch. It won’t be long until you can drive yourselves and then the world will be your oyster.  Keep posting Charlie, you are doing a good job.

Thanks so much @Old Scaley.

It will definitely be a good spot to try out in a kayak and our success will be greater due to the increased access to various parts of the system. 

We are both thankful for our parents, it's not easy to drive 40 minutes out to the port that's for sure! Haha

We are looking forward to be able to get to spots ourselves in future!

Cheers, Charlie. 

12 hours ago, Kat said:

Sounds like a great day out.  Glad to see you have both got a fishing buddy.  I love bank fishing.  To be honest sometimes I think I like fishing from the land more than a boat!

You will also need a well paying job to be able to afford the petrol to drive yourselves around 😸.

I thought initially after I bought a boat that all my fishing would be exclusively by boat, however this hasn't been the case.

It's definitely good to have options for fishing though, boat, land, beach etc.

With the boat there is a bit of a pre-trip / post-trip process involved for an actual fishing session, whereas land based I can decide almost on a dime to pack the tackle bag, couple of rods, maybe a cast net, some comfortable chairs and I'm set - Call it back to basics fishing if you will.

19 minutes ago, Hweebe said:

I thought initially after I bought a boat that all my fishing would be exclusively by boat, however this hasn't been the case.

It's definitely good to have options for fishing though, boat, land, beach etc.

With the boat there is a bit of a pre-trip / post-trip process involved for an actual fishing session, whereas land based I can decide almost on a dime to pack the tackle bag, couple of rods, maybe a cast net, some comfortable chairs and I'm set - Call it back to basics fishing if you will.

Absolutely - with a boat you can't access some places you want as easily.  Can access others more easily.  Definitely cheaper to fish from land! And there is the added bonus of a bit more time in the sand, water and some exercise! 

23 hours ago, Kat said:

Sounds like a great day out.  Glad to see you have both got a fishing buddy.  I love bank fishing.  To be honest sometimes I think I like fishing from the land more than a boat!

You will also need a well paying job to be able to afford the petrol to drive yourselves around 😸.

Haha yeah landbased is fun.

Yep!

Cheers Kat