Current in Pumicestone Passage

ubnt

1 hour ago, Alex2505 said:

Hi Ubnt,

it moves from the south to north when the tide is coming in Bongaree to White patch, and north to south when it drains. be careful on the big tides over the next week or so. close to 2 metre difference between low and high tides during the day. the current really gets a move on......

Thanks Alex for your information. I can see from Willey weather the high/low tide time difference between bongaree and white patch and prove what you says is right. What about the other parts of passage up to golden beach? Shall I check all the tide time along the passage to determine the current? Thanks a lot!

10 hours ago, mangajack said:

How far are you intending on travelling in the kayaks?

Once you hit the skids area the tidal directions change to exactly opposite the southern section.

Paddling the shoreline along Bribie will for the most part keep you out of the stronger currents.

I suggest do a day in the southern end and a second day launching from Roys Landing area a little more than half way up the island. Currents around Roys Landing are easier to navigate and lots of small islands to paddle around.

Thank you mangajack, I would like to paddle through the passage if I can do it solo. But your proposal looks good and more accommodating for the kids.  Thanks for the help !