Yeppoon Holiday

AUS-BNE-FISHO

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

Thanks for the report, Hamish. Sounds like it was pretty tough going, but if you're not doing it you will catch less.

Cheers Brian, always better than staying at home.

2 hours ago, Kat said:

Pity about the lack of success Hamish but you would have to agree that the water and country up there is absolutely beautiful on those sunny days.

I can't wait to go offshore to Keppel islands again.

Thanks for the report.   

Thanks Kat, it’s certainly nice up there.

1 hour ago, Junky said:

Good on ya Hamish. 

Good to see you not give up. You have to keep at it. 

I do hope you payed close attention to what your local friend was doing and the rigs he was using. 

P.s.

I scrolled for pics first and when I saw the jack, I thought it was yours.

I reckon I was more bummed than you were to find out it was his... 😭

Thanks Junky, I definitely was. Now I will know a lot more for next time. 

And yep, you know it’s been a bit quiet if the report has someone else’s fish 😂.

1 hour ago, Bretto77 said:

You gave it a red hot crack Hamish and bagged a whole lot more experience. The causeway bridge is inviting as there is so much structure and a physical barrier. I never fished the bridge but I fished the gutter that runs out to the ocean from there a few years ago. Only once however. It was on a late afternoon low and the beginning of the run in. I think I got a couple of small queenies and a reasonable flathead on live mullet. Not somewhere you want to be at night when the tide starts covering the flats though.... Oh, a very young Amber got her first big fight with rod and reel in that gutter... It was a large stingray but a six year old Amber landed it. Proud daddy 🤣🤣🤣 She comes from great stingray catching pedigree. 

Thanks Brett, sounds like a bit of fun. There are apparently a fair few good flatties on the ocean side.

1 hour ago, Angry51 said:

Good report Hamish, good to see you sticking it out on 

the not so good days.

It'll all come together one day.😃

Thanks Angry, hopefully one of those days is soon.

Cheers Hamish