Stand-up paddle board fishing

ubnt

4 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

I think you're abusing your body, you don't see us old fella's doing

silly things like that.😂

All jokes aside, yeah, lot easier to cart about and handle, but

where do you put you gear bait,lures etc, carry them in a shoulder

bag.And what do you do with fish you want to keep?

I got it , it appeared people on sup is working much harder than us fisherman!!

I have seen YouTube videos people just put a milk crate at the front with bungee rope around to fasten your rod and other stuff. You can also get a chair in the middle for old fellows. But you probably prefer to stand and flick plastic on a sup, instead of sitting all day like you did in a yak. I don't know how comfortable to fish this way either.

I think you could keep things minimum if we are just fishing inside the bay.

What do you think?

Btw, a good sup is just 400ish and seems hard to pass on even not for fishing.

My wife has a SUP. Even though I used to surf regularly when I was young, it takes most of my concentration to stay upright, even in smooth water. It would take a bit of experience to fish off one. There are no tether points like a kayak, but I guess occie straps and a milk crate would help. What about the paddle?  Tether that to the crate? A bit of chop on the water would make it interesting. Too hard for me, but looking forward to hearing how you go  

11 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

My wife has a SUP. Even though I used to surf regularly when I was young, it takes most of my concentration to stay upright, even in smooth water. It would take a bit of experience to fish off one. There are no tether points like a kayak, but I guess occie straps and a milk crate would help. What about the paddle?  Tether that to the crate? A bit of chop on the water would make it interesting. Too hard for me, but looking forward to hearing how you go  

Sounds very honest advice. I haven't been on a sup before so I don't really know how easy or hard to steer one. I hope I can stay on a sup without problems.

Like what the others were saying, its gonna be very tough getting out with all your gear. Your running a very good risk of coming off and soaking/losing stuff. I reckon a kayak would be the best way to go for sure. Paddleboards are unstable at the best of times and unless your planning on getting a huge one with a heap of literage (which is gonna end up being not that much lighter than a yak)....its gonna be tough aha. 

All the best but.

Fellow surfer/wake boarder hear. 

Got the misso one of those blow up sups from king's. 

Sups are nothing like surfing, unless you're surfing the sup in waves, and even that is an effort and a half compared to even a mal. 

Your feet are side by side. That to me just doesn't gel. I am not a skier so side by side is hard for me. 

You can stand in the surfing stance, but you can't paddle. 

Try riding a skateboard with your feet side by side. 

17 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Good onya for having a go to see if it suited you.

Did you catch anything?

Show us some pics.

This morning was very quiet at scott point, don't know why. But i was using dead bait which was not touched. I was fishing from 5am till 7am on  water and didn't feel much bite.

I will post a photo next time i get out.

3 hours ago, TheCharliefisho said:

I know you have already bought the board but I found this with a quick google search and thought it would be worth posting: https://boteboard.com.au/blogs/journal/the-best-fishing-paddle-board

Thanks for the information. The website tells me there is unlimited possibilities in sup fishing if I want to invest money and time to refine the art!

I like it they put an outboard motor on a sup!!

the only thing to complain about is the weight.they seem heavy (min 15kg).