Mercury black max 150hp V6 outboards

old.salty mick 1983

here was a question for you

if the Mercury black max 150hp V6 outboards was are really good motors as they are really very good outboards what are the main issues they have if buying a outboard on a fiberglass boat for fishing on offshore and inshore waters as im going to disable the oil injection in case the oil injection was playing up how i go about disabling the oil injection on these outboards same said of the Johnsons and Evinrude's as im learning alot on these outboards as thiswas my 1st ever V6 2 stroke Outboard motors that im getting in future hope to learn more in future on my 1st ever V6 outboard thiswas a need to learn in future on these outboards in future owning of these Outboards 

if the mercury black max was a really good outboard motors 

was are really good motors was they are really good outboard engines what are the main issues they have thiswas really my hope toget one of these outboards in my fututr boat im thinking of buying in future 

was any issues i needed was to know before id buy these outboards  as for disabling the oil injection was this was ok in case of a outboard thats was serviced all the time in a good outboard shop as im really ready for the day id learn more on them outboards as far i knew thiswas my need to learn more on these Mercury Outboards thiswas the 150hp models thiswas my 1st ever V6 outboard as you see thiswas really be my 1st ever V6 outboard i will ever own as i really liked the  Mercury's these was my good outboard motors  as thiswas my 1st ever V6 2 stroke outboard can you pass on any info i needed was to know on these Mercury outboards any info i get was really of good help on my future plans on getting these V6 2 stroke outboards on my 1st ever larger boat in future as you knew im new to Mercury's as id nevr owned these outboards thiswas really be my 1st ever Mercury outboard as i knew thiswas the case for me now so tell me what i needed was to know on Mercury outboard engines are theyreally good motors as they say are really good motors in the boating news and other stuff 

Good engines. 

Had a 135 years ago. 

The oil pump is a mechanical (cog driven) plastic worm drive. That's why they fail and stop pumping. Plastic is not a good idea imo, but it's cheap. 

Disconnect the oil line. Block it off at motor end, and just premix your fuel. 

The wiring under the cowl can also get brittle, well more so the insulating cover of the wiring, particularly if those old school owners sprayed wd40 on it after use. (WD40 is not a rust preventer or lube, it's for dewatering only and should be cleaned off. Use lanox or inox, or silicon spray). 

Replace wiring as required. 

They're a good motor. Replace impeller, gear oil once a year with service and do the plugs every 3 services. 

Tough as nails, and the sound they put out is pure music to your ears. Those v6 engines humm along beautifully. 

• ellicat changed the title to Mercury black max 150hp V6 outboards