Troll Pro K-5

rathabfishin2.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

I've never heard of them, tbh. I was a fan of the YAMASHITA's too, but have found the one's Mr Bait sells to be just as good and well priced.

https://mrbait.com.au/

Cheers mate he sells them so I’m wondering if they’re the ones you’ve used in the picture below?

IMG_0029.png

2 hours ago, lachrdr said:

I bought one last week. Used it on Saturday and took a while to get it to stay down. It seemed that the spoon it came with was very erratic and would keep flipping it, even at very low speed. 

I had a spare spoon, exactly the same as the one it was pre rigged with, and with that it stayed down. Not sure what the go was but I had never used one before so not too experienced.

After I got it working I did catch a legal schoolie so was happy with that. 

Cheers,

Lachlan

I've never had to, but maybe spoons can be tuned to swim correctly, like you have to do to most halco lazer pro 190s. 

Any chance of posting a pic of the two side by side? 

I'd be interested to see them. 

21 hours ago, Junky said:

I've never had to, but maybe spoons can be tuned to swim correctly, like you have to do to most halco lazer pro 190s. 

Any chance of posting a pic of the two side by side? 

I'd be interested to see them. 

Below are photos of the two spoons. Both are marked Halco Barra 3, although the writing is slightly different.

The one with the yellow sticker is the one that came pre rigged, but didn't swim well.

I also noticed that where the holes are drilled in the board is not quite in the centre. 

I'm not sure if that also had some affect on how the board performed.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed3f30bc61c1baade0029d91f35035ed.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20cf7cdb7eadcbd1d9da8cbe9ac9960a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f53333a6af5e1bdb447b58932d0c198.jpeg

24 minutes ago, lachrdr said:

Below are photos of the two spoons. Both are marked Halco Barra 3, although the writing is slightly different.

The one with the yellow sticker is the one that came pre rigged, but didn't swim well.

I also noticed that where the holes are drilled in the board is not quite in the centre. 

I'm not sure if that also had some affect on how the board performed.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed3f30bc61c1baade0029d91f35035ed.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.20cf7cdb7eadcbd1d9da8cbe9ac9960a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9f53333a6af5e1bdb447b58932d0c198.jpeg

Hmmmm. 

The only noticeable difference that I can see is that the hole that the tow ring sits in is noticeably further forward on your troubled lure. 

I wouldn't blame the board as you tied on the other spoon and it worked. It may also be a Chinese rip off. It's stamped different, and the tow hole location being different. That doesn't mean it is, but it very well could be. 

Perhaps drill a new hole further back and try it, or chuck it and just get another halco.