Toga on my first yak trip

Brian D

Thanks guys - it was special. Fare dinkum it was with about 20 casts from the yak. I had been in the cannon ball while the minister for war and finance decided she wanted the yak first. Have a look where she took off to. But when I finally got a go yahoooo

About the Albert, maybe during the week sometime if I can get away from my stinking job. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC160076_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598436229_thumb.jpg

The catch was not the special on it's own but the whole thing was great and well constructed even if I say so myself. This is how it happened.

Wifie was in the yak and me in the cannon ball drifting with the wind along the north west bank of the southern arm. Everything was all quiet, wind about 10-15 coming from behind the trees. This is good for toga because it blows the bugs out of the trees and into the water. Next thing you know wifie gets boofed by something that scared the crap out of her. So she high tails it over to me, still slightly pale and shakey, something big overthere she saying in between the \"oh goodness did you see that\" and the \"It scraed me\".

So I throw a spinner from the boat and on the 3rd cast Smako - mr 45cm Bass jumps on. Good fight on 4lb crystal and 6lb leader but the 7'2\" Shamino and 2500 series spin had it covered.

So off we go, she still yaking and me still boating. After another 30mins or so finally I say lets head back - my go in the yak. \"Yeap that's cool\" she says \"I buggered anyway and the wind has picked up\". thanks I think leave me the up hill run.

We change over up wind from where I got the bass. Plan is she has a drink and feed while I back track in the yak to go over the boofy area. Like I say with 10min and about 20 casts I got a toga in the live well. Nearly lost him when he went for a tail slap at the side of the yak so I just heaved him onboard and got stoked off my tits. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PC160092_AFO.jpg

post-118-144598436232_thumb.jpg

Is that you Mr Yak Man - I love you :kiss: :kiss: . That Yak is the best thing to happen to me since my last grandchild was born.

My wife and I are now talking again becuase we can do something together but the problem is \"she want one too\". Not only that she wants some paddleing gloves, a new rod, some water bottles and the list goes on. So thanks a lot mate.:S We'll be giving Angus an order as soon as she makes up her mind on color. Do they come in pink?:blink:

Archived