thoughts on the mad huey's

Huxstang

1 hour ago, Huxstang said:

Must appeal to a different generation or?????

Different planet perhaps. 

My son is 22yrs old and thinks they're morons.

I cannot believe Mick Fanning was on board with them tbh. 

Been out fishing with people like that and it was a horrible day. 

The main rule on my boat is no drinking alcohol. Do that when you get home if you must, but people that drink, especially skippers, are risking everyone. 

Then they get back to the ramp and drive home in the car, with a trailer. 

I hope the cops get them for drink driving. 

3 minutes ago, Angry51 said:

Ignore,,,, that's the best/only way to treat any of these idiots.

I agree, for their YouTube channel.

However there comes a point when they effect someone else, be it on the water, or on the road. That's what I get cranky with. 

I'm all for having a good time, but to be a total clown is just asking for trouble. 

I prefer the fisherman. 

Wild reaches. 

Sammy Hitzky. 

Greg Lamprecht. (went all through school with Greg) 

Even old Andy's fishing. 

13 hours ago, Junky said:

I agree, for their YouTube channel.

However there comes a point when they effect someone else, be it on the water, or on the road. That's what I get cranky with. 

I'm all for having a good time, but to be a total clown is just asking for trouble. 

I prefer the fisherman. 

Wild reaches. 

Sammy Hitzky. 

Greg Lamprecht. (went all through school with Greg) 

Even old Andy's fishing. 

I’m with you - I think Greg’s content is by the far the most informative.  I think he would be a good one to get out in a boat with and pick up some skills.

I noticed even on the recent Swains Wilson trip he was putting the boat onto the fish in deeper water.    

Nothing wrong with a few beers while fishing, a few too many is definitely a problem. When I go out for a few hours fishing on the boat with a mate there's always a 6 pack in the esky. 3 beers over 4-5 hours is plenty sensible and plenty refreshing, if you want to see irresponsible then watch the water ski crews, seen no end of them that were a, danger to themselves and others. 

The key to anything like that is moderation, a little self control and not carrying on like a ******. The trouble with wankers like that mob is they encourage others to be wankers too and that soon messes things up for everyone. But if they break enough gear being morons then reality soon sets in as that's an expensive lifestyle to life. 

7 hours ago, Huxstang said:

I’m with you - I think Greg’s content is by the far the most informative.  I think he would be a good one to get out in a boat with and pick up some skills.

I noticed even on the recent Swains Wilson trip he was putting the boat onto the fish in deeper water.    

Yeah he's been boating and fishing since we were little kids. Born into it. Terry always had him up DI. They know it like the back of their hand. Those boys can catch fish in puddles haha. 

I can remember him in class, way back as far as grade 3, drawing pictures of boats, and believe it or not, drag cars. 

I still see him now and then but haven't managed a trip out with him. Still stop and have a chat though. Top bloke. 

His older brothers held the Aussie record for the fastest naturally aspirated car down the quarter mile for a long time. 

They had a HQ premier with a 383 chev. Greg also had a mental candy apple red LC Torana with a 383, but I think he was breaking lots of stuff, which becomes extremely expensive. 

Last time I spoke with Greg they had started an SS torana project. No doubt they are killing it. 

Interesting family. 

He's always been a sensible person, unlike me. 

9 hours ago, mangajack said:

Some of the channels i do follow>

Gido's Fishing Adventures

The Full Scale - Fishing Adventures

robbiefishing

Northern Scavenger

Luke Falzon for comedy relief

Silvester's Freshwater Fishing

Adept Ape

Peter Herbst Fishing

Bowly's Fishing

EngelsCoachShop

Taryl Fixes All

Luke falzon is a dead set crack up. Bit of rexhunt in him kissing the fish, but nowhere near as annoying. 

He worries me though. 

Driving around Sandy tracks with not one piece of recovery equipment. He needs to get that patrol sorted. 

I was screaming at the TV last Ep. LOW RANGE, LOW RANGE. 

Peter Herbst is also another pretty decent fisherman.  I gather a tournament guy but knows how to catch fish in the bay pretty well.

I don’t mind Sammy Hitzke and the other one I rate is Nick Whyte - Marine Tech.  

Prefer the hard core fishing rather than chatter boxes and squealers.

One guy I havent minded too much because he is just a no frills guy is Leigh (xxxx mental blank).  Travelling aus with a motorhome towing an ally with wife and 2 kids.  He has dreads, kids has a mullet, but they are good with a rod in hand and he knows how to find fish on a sounder.  No fuss no crap.  Does have decent gear that is well used but isnt advertising anything - another plus