Suburbs of Origin 2024 Monthly Competition

ellicat

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Allnighter said:

Actually... i just remembered we released the last one so perhaps it is the same one wtf???

Same spot, so go figure? 

What are the odds of that?

Holy **** i need a JD, i just gave myself a headspin 🤣

You only need to catch it once more to cover off the whole snapper section for the month. 

56 minutes ago, Allnighter said:

Thanks Greg,

If it was the same fish it's shite outta luck this time because we kept this one as it was a bay pb for the person i took out with me who is terminally ill. We used to fish together a long time ago and it was great to see the smile on his face

Nice to hear that they got a great fish. Well done on taking them out and providing them with the opportunity and knowledge to catch it.

5 hours ago, Allnighter said:

20240405_094753.jpg

20240405_094736.jpg

Well done @Allnighter. Although……….. You’re a Southsider aren’t you? If so, I’d just like to point out that the required signal for this month’s comp is a Thumbs Up. Your thumb looks distinctly sideways, not up in the photo so I don’t think it qualifies. If, however,  you are actually a Northsider forget I said anything. Great fish! 🤪

Well, I could not find any live bait so had to rely on cuttlefish to do the trick. Managed 4 grassies 32 to 40cm. Due to some snags, I was down two rods/rigs after I got sick of retying leaders. I went to my flathead outfit with 10lb braid on a 2500 reel.

Deployed that a few times with a lazy 2 ball sinker on top of a 5/0 circle, before I got the surprise. When it hit it ran and ran. I was down to my backing and it was fast approaching terminal status when it slowed and was able to get some line back. A big "Phew" when braid started winding around the spool. Tense moments.

I was confident it was a good snap from the start, and had confirmation as it got close with the bait way up the line. Then I saw the shine in the water and a couple of minutes later it was on the surface. Managed to net him without any trouble, which was what I was fearing.

Proud to have knocked the master @Allnighter out of first place in the comp. haha Like you said @Bretto77, I expect to be knocked out of that position soon enough.

38 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Well, I could not find any live bait so had to rely on cuttlefish to do the trick. Managed 4 grassies 32 to 40cm. Due to some snags, I was down two rods/rigs after I got sick of retying leaders. I went to my flathead outfit with 10lb braid on a 2500 reel.

Deployed that a few times with a lazy 2 ball sinker on top of a 5/0 circle. When it hit it ran and ran. I was down to my backing and it was fast approaching terminal status when it slowed and was able to get some line back. A big "Phew" when braid started winding around the spool. Tense moments.

I was confident it was a good snap from the start and had confirmation as it got close with the bait way up the line. Then I saw the shine in the water. Managed to net him without any trouble which was what I was fearing.

Proud to have knocked the master @Allnighter out of first place in the comp. haha Like you said @Bretto77, I expect to be knocked out of that position soon enough.

Ended up fishing lighter and got the attention and the result in the end 👍 I would be feeling chuffed to post that success. The feed of grassies on top... You will be popular on the home front. Great job. I did say to @Kat "I bet your glad you left that one for Brian" 😂😂😂