Here's the Jack photos! + a Few Extras

Dan23

So I've pretty much mentioned all of this in other reports but as a summary.

2 Big Bustoffs from jacks

2 Jacks landed but no where near as big as the ones that did me.

1 Trev hooked on a popper but lost him.

Dad got a nice Big Eye skipping a soft plastic across the surface

I got a huge estimated 45cm+ Breambo off the wharf but couldn't lift it out of the water on 4lb line.

The usual smaller bream and flattie action on softies.

Weather was really bad and made fishing very difficult. Was really hard going to get a bite some days. Hoepfully when I got back next week this cyclone doesn't shut everything down completely.

Dad's trev [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Trev.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my first jack on heavy gear. My new dodgy Phlueger Trion with my Angler Jardine jack. 20lb braid-40lb leader. Got him in more forgiving territory. Still bricked me into a hole but I managed to thumb lock and drag him out pretty easily.

He wasn't fifty more like 43-45 or something.

Rocket75 wrote:

Nice pics Dan, whatever you do, don't let your parents move..sounds like a great spot down there.

Jealous I am.:silly:

Rocket

yeah, the spot's good but I reckon having the Kayak makes a big big difference.

I think people could do just as well in brissie up nudgee creek or schultz or Cabbage tree in a yak but you rarely hear of it.

People just don't target Jacks because they are so hard to land unless you come prepared or get lucky. I think a lot of people are getting smoked on their bream gear at Schultz and guys like mackmauler are loving it because they are the few who know how to come prepared to deal with these steroid freaks. So they are the few who manage to land them regularly.

Dan23 wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:
Nice looking fish Dan.

GF is probably cracking a pooyey cause you didnt notice her new $300 hair do. Just tell her that we are more important.

Cheers

Ray

I think she feels threatened:dry:

Tell her there is nothing to feel threatened about, she has always come a poor second to fishing!

Feral wrote:

Dan23 wrote:
rayke1938 wrote:
Nice looking fish Dan.

GF is probably cracking a pooyey cause you didnt notice her new $300 hair do. Just tell her that we are more important.

Cheers

Ray

I think she feels threatened:dry:

Tell her there is nothing to feel threatened about, she has always come a poor second to fishing!

Dan all the important things in life begin with the letter F and fishing comes before fighting.

Ray

Yeah Kev don't worry about it.

Obviously the fact I've kept about 3 fish in the last 3 months and probably released 100 obviously doesn't matter.:P

I think some people are just a little jealous.;)

Plus for anyone who thinks otherwise Kev lets heaps of good table fish go and doesn't post up a lot of pics of good fish he catches because he can't be bothered.

imo i reckon if were gonna pull out a jack as soon as its legal how the hell we gonna get them next summer yeah sure other people do it but that doesnt make it right. i agree about takin the odd fish for a feed but i think the species comes into play as well. theres millions of bream and flatties and that running round nore on one of those i say.

Archived