How many sharks are in the river right now

mackmauler

having had some good success over the last couple of weeks hooking 20-30 sharks in a small area, got to thinking how many are in the entire stretch, seeing they have little enemies they must be eating there way through plenty of critters. id roughly gues there is upwards of several thousand sharks through the river right now, whats everyones opinions

from what i have read on afo and talking to other anglers i think the numbers would have to be easily into the thousands, hopefully the numbers dont decrease too much with the increased interest in shark fishing. but with so many in the rivers i just wish i could hook one

after reading about bull sharks in nicaragua it seems easy to devestate such a species compared to other whaler sharks they have a slow reproductive rate so excessive culling will knock their umbers but how many is accepatble i have no idea there seems to be a large number of them in the river .

it does however only take 1 shark to do some damge to your lines ive watched my brother inlaw pull a shark upto the boat to be bitten of and his other line hit on the fishs way back down we ended up retreiving both sets of hooks :)

mackmauler wrote:

having had some good success over the last couple of weeks hooking 20-30 sharks in a small area, got to thinking how many are in the entire stretch, seeing they have little enemies they must be eating there way through plenty of critters. id roughly gues there is upwards of several thousand sharks through the river right now, whats everyones opinions

A few less than there were last:ohmy: week

Archived