Hinze Western arm 16/1

rayke1938

The fishing was pretty slow ( probable due to our ineptitude)

John had 2 live shrimp and he nailed his only fish within 30 seconds.

There were lots of fish showing on the sounder over the rock bar just neat the ramp but I couldnt tempt one with a HP or spinnerbait.

We then went downstream to where we caught fish the other day . I had a couple of hits nut no hook ip on my trusty red chatterbait. O had installed a stinger on it but the hook was too big and kept tangleing on the line when I was casting.

We tried all of our lures and spinnerbaits without success so decided to try having a troll.

Tried quite a few combinations woth no success untill O tried a lure I got years ago at Boondoomba. I think it was made by a local called Flick. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010869_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598440212_thumb.jpg

We caught 3 bass on the troll with flicks lure and had a few hits but they didnt seem to like any others. I had a couple of hotlips deep divers with similar colouring but no interest.

We went back to the ramp and now the fun began.

When O parked the car I thought the soil looked a bit greasy but there was gravel mixed in with it and as it was down hill and reckoned that I would be able to reverse out.

Wrong

As soon as it tried to reverse the car slid sideways into the watertable with the tailgate of the ute resting against the armco fence.

Disconnected the trailer and tried pushing but no go. We wernt bogged just could not get traction on the wet grass and mud.

Ended up pulling trailer up the road above the ute and tieing the trailer to a tree with a long rope and extending the winch cable out and using the winch to pull the car up the hill.

Had to do this 3 times before we could get the car up away from the watertable.

Even when we got it up I still couldnt move forward so I had to reverse out of it.It was a bit dicey as O didnt want back on the armcoand I was sliding everywhere. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010871_AFO.jpg

post-230-144598440217_thumb.jpg

So when We got it out had to drive up the hill and reattach the trailer and drive right up to the main road to turn around and come back to retrieve the boat. The whole exercise took around half an hour.

Toral for the day

toga nis

bass 4

Covered in mud and bad language Plenty.

Here is a shot of where we were stuck.

Cheers

Ray [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010872_AFO.jpg

post-230-14459844022_thumb.jpg

Plastic Man wrote:

yeah bring on saterday toga toga toga bass bass bass

What time will you guys be there Saturday? We will fishing midday into the dusk. Plan to keep out until its a little dark. I have never fished Hinze on dusk so it should be interesting.

Angus

Archived