belke peterson 27-1-08

pcsolutionman

My brother jamie and I had a small job to do out at murgon today right near belke peterson :woohoo: so the yak went on the roof and we set out early. got the job done really early and was fishing by 7:30am. My plan was to bag a few yellas and bass on some lures, my brother was using some bait. I walked the banks for a little while before putting the yak in, throwing some spinner baits and jackal mask vibs. I got 1 nice hit on a white TT spinnerbait but didnt hook:dry: :dry:. after an hour without luck I got the yak off the roof and set out for a point on the opposite bank that looked good, trolled the old faithful deep diving busy moment on 2 rods, only 50 meters in I got hit on both rods simultaniously :blink: decision time, I quickly picked up the one with the biggest bend ;) ;) got him half way in and the fish on the other rod got off:( oh well. first fish a bass in the early to mid forties:cheer: I proceeded to pull in 4 or 5 more around the 35cm mark all on the troll in a small area. then on the way back to see how jamie was fairing with the bait I got smashed, I was trolling quite quick and this thing hit hard. thought here we go a nice bass but after a few runs I got sight of a nice little yella :woohoo: :woohoo: a quick photo and back she goes, went mid forties. got back to jamie but he had caught ZIP :huh: :huh: SO I sent him out in the yak to troll the area I was just to bag himself a few. I walked the banks throwing lures whilst he was enjoying himself getting a few:) :) he ended up getting 5 smaller bass a 30cm and under a 25cm yella and a nice yella high forties:woohoo:

That was it for the dam, The bait went untouched all day besides a couple of Turtles :blush: :blush:. I couldnt manage anything fishing from the shore on lures either:S. We got some pics but there on 35mm, Ill post as soon as they are developed:angry:. It was extremely hot out there today, I forgot the sunscreen and im regretting it now :dry: :huh::unsure: :S. Im red raw probly the worst sunburn I have ever had and I think its going to get worse tomorrow. It probably didnt help being out in the sun all day yesterday with cricket eitherB)

For those interested we stopped at the Stanley on the way home to give jamie a look, The water is up about a metre from before the rains. it has stopped flowing at any reel pace and the water is clearing up nicely, it is definatley fishable right now but will be perfect in about a week i reckon. We had a half hearted toss of a few lures for about 45 mins but no luck

Lee

The lure is called a busy moment its a 6M+ deep diver, they CATCH FISH lol. they have accounted for close to 1000 bass for me. they are currently not being sold anymore :(:(:angry: but denis the guy that makes them is doing a run of them soon :):) lucky cause im down to 3 now :S

[img size=100]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/ewen%20madock/lure1.jpg

and in a big ewen madock basses gob

[img size=499]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/pcsolutionman/ewen%20madock/100_0050-web.jpg

If you come up to the AFO day at baroon ill give yah a look at them

Lee

That looks the goods feral.

Username - Ridgeback make a similar lure as do several other companies, but they dont catch as many fish. I have trolled dozens of different deep divers side by side and the best catch rate I can get isnt even half what the busy moment gets. dont know why. One thing to note though is that it does not have any form of rattle unlike a lot of lures these days.

Lee

Archived