Boat access to North Pine Dam

Feral

Got a PRFMA meeting on tomorrow night.

Last month there was discussion about how many people would be wanting permits if the dam ever reaches the magical 55% mark (when boats will be allowed back on).

They have a set limit of 300 boats, which they apparently never reached in the past. Some of the members were a bit sceptical about the possibility of reaching the 300, but there has been a lot of interest in the dam land based, and we reckon there might be a similar increase in interest for on the water access.

The access is (or was) $110 a year, which will be on top of the SIP, as they are joining that scheme this year.

So I thought I would get a bit of a straw pole going and ask whom might be interested in getting a permit if the dam ever rises?

NOTE ACCESS IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE! THIS IS ONLY FOR INFO ON POSSIBLE NUMBERS IF THE DAM GOES OVER 55%

As has been mentioned before, all craft pay for the privalige, no petrol motors allowed at this stage[and i dont think there will be any changein the near future] There are also a list of approx 32 rules you have to sign on to agree to. One main one is you are not allowed ashore for any purpose other than when you put your boat in and out at the ramp, if caught you loose permit and no refund. It is very strict and we like it that way.

Dino

Archived