viking kayaks?

reef_raider

personally i think that the hobie cats look alot more stable and have more room...

i havent looked at vikings much but as a ive seen them they look really thin which means you dont have much room for tackle and rods e.t.c

how did u find them space wise angus??

im also getting a kayak soon and im most likely getting a hobie

cheers dom

More than enough room.

And the ones i have used didnt have rod holders.

If they did it would be pefect.

And i could not disagree more. I think the vikings are far more bouyant.

Dont get me wrong, i would get a hobie cat. If i had an extra $600-700 bucks to spend!

Angus

• 7 months later...

abu_garcia wrote:

personally i think that the hobie cats look alot more stable and have more room...

i havent looked at vikings much but as a ive seen them they look really thin which means you dont have much room for tackle and rods e.t.c

how did u find them space wise angus??

im also getting a kayak soon and im most likely getting a hobie

cheers dom

Hahaha i saw this post come up in the Random 5 Posts.

Thought i re commment now i have more knowledge.

Hobie Cats are nice and stable, but they certainly have no where near the room a Tempo has.

Im not sure what Viking you were looking at that were thin :unsure: All the viking models designed for fishing would be on average wider than other models available id say.

Angus

I would have to agree with Angus, I looked round at various places and on the net before deciding to buy my Viking Tempo Fisherman. It is very spacious for a yak with plenty of storage space; 4 storage hatches, 2 bottle holders, 2 rod holders (i added another), front and rear storage for eskys etc and plent of leg room. I have been out on the day and managed to tack 3 rods, live well, esky, cast net, backpack, tackle box, 2 bottles of water, and didnt even have to put anything in the storage hatches. I still had plenty of room and could have fitted a tent if need be (for trips like the upcoming passage expedition). Very stable yak which was tested when a boat cruised past at top speed and I jsut paddled over the wash. Also pretty light weight and easy to handle.

-nelson-

Archived