TerryH's weekly 'yak starts Tues 26/02/08

Terry H

Yep, Uni starts back this week, and since I start at 2pm on Tuesday, I see that as plenty of time for a morning session in the yak!

After reading Nodd's thread on AKFF about his toga, it got me thinking.. I'm going to have a sounder in my yak (going to install it wednesday probably) and I know there are some solid fish in Ewen, someone has to crack the code to Ewen Maddock, so why not me?

I think for the first two weeks atleast, I'm going to hit up Ewen Maddock Dam. I'm considering going every Tuesday to Ewen Maddock, but I'm not sure yet.

Last I knew there were a few toga firing, but there's also some BIG bass in there!

Just a reminder that Ewen Maddock is a paddle dam only.

When: 5:00am-10:30 Tuesdays

Where: Ewen Maddock Dam

Bumping the thread - new title!

Week 2 is hitting up Ewen Maddock again! Hopefully I can pull my act together in time though, and get the wiring jerry rigged to get my sounder going! :lol:

Forecast is "Brief Showers" :sick: Hopefully they hold off and the fishing goes well! i want that Toga :angry::lol:

Bumping thread.

This week is the upper reaches of Stanley River

Lee, where do you think we should launch? I'm thinking I'll be there around 5 to launch at 5:30 until about 10-11am

Is it possible to meet up somewhere and go from there, since I've never driven out that way myself (only with jimmybob driving)

TerryH wrote:

Bumping thread.

This week is the upper reaches of Stanley River

Lee, where do you think we should launch? I'm thinking I'll be there around 5 to launch at 5:30 until about 10-11am

Is it possible to meet up somewhere and go from there, since I've never driven out that way myself (only with jimmybob driving)

Good luck keeping up with him:lol: Hope you've got your racing boots on! lol

Eh, well I know some people may be interested in where I'm heading this week but due to mechanical failure I'm not going anywhere this week. Instead I'll be fixing the car - whacking in a new battery.

I think I'll be hitting up Baroon Pocket Dam next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes :blush: I'm determined to get that saratoga now. After missing a million fish and a couple of toga at Borumba I bought some stinger hooks. So now I reckon I can get a toga at Ewen. I was using pretty big lures for them last time, so going to downsize and use the mini's like I did at borumba.

I was thinking Baroon, but I have other plans to coincide with this trip

Lee: If you don't come, I'll let you know how it is ;) If you do, you can see for yourself :woohoo:

Archived