EOI in a afo brag mat

jeff f

Jeff from info that I have gleaned we will need at least 100 .

The most expensive option is a soley afo one or the alternative one would be similar to the photo of the one that I posted where we would just have a small afo logo in it and share with other advertisers. If you like I will give them a ring and get an estimate of costs and numbers.

If there are only around 20 people interested it would not be viable to do a AFO run.

Cheers

Ray

I did a bit of thinking in Manufacturing today.

1400mm is a massive mat, i plan ti use this on a yak which means i have to come up with a way of stiffening it so i can lay fish on it without it distorting.

I read somewhere that someone had an idea about using scissor mechanizm that folds out and keeps the mat taught and stiff when using in a yak.

so i did some calculations based on these numbers,

1400mm long and i guessed about 400mm wide.

i would use 16 pieces or rigid material (havnt decided yet) at 400mm long and 25mm wide that would scissor down flat so could be stored and rolled up.

ive still got a bit of work to do before i make up a prototype for use on yaks.

ill let you yakkers know if i come up with something.

i am thinking or using 2mm scrap metal as a prototype and probablay stainless steel on the final product if it works

fishyman wrote:

I did a bit of thinking in Manufacturing today.

1400mm is a massive mat, i plan ti use this on a yak which means i have to come up with a way of stiffening it so i can lay fish on it without it distorting.

I read somewhere that someone had an idea about using scissor mechanizm that folds out and keeps the mat taught and stiff when using in a yak.

so i did some calculations based on these numbers,

1400mm long and i guessed about 400mm wide.

i would use 16 pieces or rigid material (havnt decided yet) at 400mm long and 25mm wide that would scissor down flat so could be stored and rolled up.

ive still got a bit of work to do before i make up a prototype for use on yaks.

ill let you yakkers know if i come up with something.

i am thinking or using 2mm scrap metal as a prototype and probablay stainless steel on the final product if it works

No offence but stainless would cost u a shitload. These canvas or wateva ones are around $100 each i heard somewhere thats why you need sponsors.

I'll take one :) (that's 23 I think), is there any progress on those turth mats though Ray?

fishyman wrote:

ive got acces to stainless steel offcuts from school :)

We’re talking about the costs involved in larger scale productions though, not just a one off prototype. To produce something with good stainless like that for 50-100+ items would be out of the price bracket for most.

Joel ;)

I have just been speaking to Mick at tackleware. The cost of getting a AFO logo in a run of 100 mats is $250 with one free mat provided to the advertiser.

He is shortly going to increase the size of his runs to 500 mats and the cost will increase to $500.

The advertisers have exclusive rights to sell the mats.

He is shortly going to produce a mat that is 800mm long for the bass and bream boys.

He said to be fair to his advertisers he would not be able to do a deal with us unless we brought the advertising,and suggested that we can buy through Fitzys website Sweetwater fishing. Fitzy is due to get the mats for his online shop very soon.

Cheers

Ray

I see that the AKFF site also has a brag matt for sale on their site that is better than the BCF type ones but not as good as the truth mat.

rayke1938 wrote:

I have just been speaking to Mick at tackleware. The cost of getting a AFO logo in a run of 100 mats is $250 with one free mat provided to the advertiser.

He is shortly going to increase the size of his runs to 500 mats and the cost will increase to $500.

The advertisers have exclusive rights to sell the mats.

He is shortly going to produce a mat that is 800mm long for the bass and bream boys.

He said to be fair to his advertisers he would not be able to do a deal with us unless we brought the advertising,and suggested that we can buy through Fitzys website Sweetwater fishing. Fitzy is due to get the mats for his online shop very soon.

Cheers

Ray

I see that the AKFF site also has a brag matt for sale on their site that is better than the BCF type ones but not as good as the truth mat.

id would be super keen for one of those :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: ;)

for the type of fishing i do 1400mm is a bit long

Archived