Bassin BC Setup???

Dan23

I'm looking at getting an Alphas 103L in a couple of months. I'll be spooling it with 12lb Shooter Flurocarbon or YoZuri Hybrid and trying that out as I like the idea of not having to worry about constantly tying leaders.

Just looking for an appropriate 6-12lb BC rod around the $200-300 mark.

It'll be mainly used for Bassin (my new target fish this winter, hopefully i do better than last year:blush:) but I'll also get a spare spool with some braid on it for targeting Trevs, School Jew, big flathead etc. Don't need something super gutsy as I already have a heavier spinning outfit. Mainly looking for something with enough pull to land decent sized fish, but still provide good sport.

Any suggestions or anyone owns a rod like this and can provide feedback it would be appreciated. I have a few months to plan and save so I can look at every option.

Plastic Man wrote:

you could always get a td advantage i think they do a medium 6-14lb

bass in winter you know bassin is better in summer unless your fishing npd all the time

Thanks PM, I looked at the TD ones and for some reason I thought they only came in a 10-20lb. Maybe that's all there was on Motackle. I'll have to check that out. I'd be an Advantage fanatic if I bought one because I already have a 10-17 spinning and a 3000 Advantage on order!

Also yeah, I'm talking about NPD specifically cause it's my nemesis:laugh: I really want to make up for last year when I went there 4 times and never caught anything. Next summer I'll probably spend some more time looking for wild Bass up around the NSW norther rivers. I'm getting the Alphas cause it'll pitch lighter lures and apparently can handle decent sized fish pretty well.

I'm also looking to buy the rod at a local tackle store to make up for the fact that I'll probably import the reel as I can't afford the $450 price tag but I really want that reel.

Archived