Lake Bjelke Peterson...

Angus

Hey everyone.

In April or May I will get a chance to camp right on Lake BP for two nights and two full days.

Needless to say I will be taking my Yak and another for the person who's property I will be staying on.

I just wanted to pick anyone's brain who has at least been there and hopefully caught fish there?

I have heard at the moment the creek that flows into the dam is fishing well for solid Yellows

What else in the Dam?

Angus

angus I fished there in january, my brother and I both got bass and yellas from the yaks on trolled busy moments, had one good hit on a spinnerbait and another on a mask vibe but didnt hook. we ended up with 5 bass each and a coulpe of yellas each. the yellas were mid 40's the bass mid 30's with on just over 40cm. I reckon if your on the water early you might get a few on the surface.

Lee

You had me going for a bit there Angus until you mentioned private property, as the campgrounds are closed. The lake has doubled in size since Jan but I don't think it is up to the timber area yet. So you will be casting to the edges or trolling I would say. Its a tricky dam, I have caught heaps of fish one day and none the next.

Archived