jimmybob outfished by a girl!

mrsjimmybob

today after jimmybob pulled a sicky we headed over to the Newport waterways and decided to lucky dip our lures as we had originally packed for the Stanley River :blink: ....jimmybob promptly managed to loose his first lure on some oysters but continued on.....after my first few attempts I managed to land my very first giant trevally! (which wasn't very giant mind you) unfortunately james had only packed the camera minus the memory stick so we are busy trying to work out how to download the pictures from our mobile. After another half hour of jimmybobs cursing (and no luck for him even after he took my Kokoda lure to try for himself!) he then decided it was too hot and time to call it a day :angry: .....so now when i think back to my first G.T I can have a giggle about the day jimmybob was outfished by a girl......B)

jimmybob: did it put up a good fight?...hahaha..i thought it did...but she was saying awww i thought they would be like the fish at the barra park peeling drag all over the place...for its size it went hard thou:) ....still jealous thou:blush:

and rocket..thanx for the welcome to the club...sort of;)

mrsjimmybob wrote:

did it put up a good fight?...hahaha..i thought it did...but she was saying awww i thought they would be like the fish at the barra park peeling drag all over the place...for its size it went hard thou:) ....still jealous thou:blush:

and rocket..thanx for the welcome to the club...sort of;)

Jimmy? Is that you? Well i gotta say your looking better after the operation!:P

my lady is really gettin keen on lure fishing. we are keeping a tally on fish caught when we both head out to wet a line. i was 2 down till today :( and she never let me forget it but i got a few little flatties in the creek out the back of my place when we ducked down after work to level the score :woohoo: she still says she is better but we will see how it turns out. :lol: :lol:

mrsjimmybob wrote:

Angus wrote:
mrsjimmybob I hop you plan on fishing the lady fishers comp with Tanya this year? She had an absolute ball and you will have the Winter Camp to warm up for the locations etc..

Angus

yep can't wait....:laugh:

Aaaagh great, Gillian has just seen this post and wants in on all this fishin gig, as if having your own Prowler 4.5 is not enough, Geeeesh we are being over run with Fishette's.:woohoo:

Regards

Al

My wife is banned from this thread. Last time I took her fishing at the salmon holes in WA - she borrowed my baitcaster, undid the birds nest from hell, tied on a wonder wobbler with what must have been a granny knot and pulled in a great looking salmon. Me - not a bite. Next trip to Victor Harbour in SA, her tailor, bream...me - toadfish. One last time to Cairns (shorebased) - she a jack, me - catfish....D'oh.

She has enough stuff that she's really good at not to worry about fishing :dry: :)

The inside word is Jimmy let her win, he knows it's healthier that way.;) :laugh:

Oh and that lost lure, I heard he had a bigger GT on but cut the line as some sort of knightly gesture.

Did it work Jimmy? It doesn't work for me anymore but I've been hooked for 32 years.

Mrs J - congrattes on the GT - don't they fight good?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived