Hinze Dam Tomorrow

bretto

Heading out at hinze dam tomorrow at 3.00pm from the water tower with the wife and the neighbour.

Have had success at the dam before casting spinners and fizzers at the points and shallow weedbanks as well as trolling lures that dive to 2m tight in against the bank but I have not tried trolling deep out wide of the bank.

Is it a good technique for targeting bass and what depth lures should I run?

Cheers, Brett

Yes it is a good method, has been working lately at Hinze, historically it didn't. I suspect the sudden increase in water has got more bait fish available, making the fish interested in lures.

Depth depends on what you have, the deeper the better. Red, bronze or Purple have been catching fish according to recent reports on here.

Aaron H wrote:

Stumpjumpers have been doing well for me lately down there in pink and blue as well as G vibes as Feral said it has only started working since the water rose

Might have to go for a shop in the morn and get some stumpys and a 6cm purple predatek boomerang. I just read an article by shultzy and he said they were killer on big bass. Hope to get onto a biggin. The biggest yet is 39cm so I would love to break the 40cm mark.

Make the predatek an Ultra Deep (UD in the model number) if you can, One of Terry's favourites for big bass.

I Keep meaning to get one or two myself, but BCF at Strathpine is the closest place to me that sells them, and the rare times I am down there I always forget! At the moment I only have the poltergeist crazy deep scorpions, which do the job, but I reckon the Predatek being 15mm longer might just pull in bigger fish.

Archived