Squidgy Secrets DVD's

Gerty_92

The DVD makes soft plastic fishing look way too easy. They could have taken weeks to film it aswell. Squidgies are pretty good SPs.. I have got a few bream and flatties with them- The squidgy shads and fish for flathead and wrigglers and flickbaits for bream.

But..I like berkley SPs better:laugh:

ive heard everybody talking about the gulps being the best so i wont compare them to that...what what do you think is better the powerbait or squidgies...and ye thats true they just cut out all the bad parts and make it look like they catch this fish in like an hour but instead it couldve taken them a day or even two.

after watching the dvds I bought some wrigglers in gary glitter which i got my pb flatty of 65cm on. Sice then they have all been on the smaller side. I recently bought some bigger shads in the hope of getting a bigger flatty. in my experience, sp fishing is so much harder than the dvd makes it out to be.

efess

I know some people will argue this but I think it all depends on the fish, your technic and the season. I allways carry both options bait and plastics , then it's a matter of which is working.

With plastics you must practice! For me - I loose the finenss of sp's if I don't consistantly use them. I also get lazy in my technic after a couple of hours. Recently I was wondering why my SP catch rate was down - then after research I found I was holding the tip of my rod too high on the free fall. Fineness and technic.

Bait is way easier but not as much fun.

Hey efess were did you catch that flatty? And yer i also bought some bigger shads in hope of catching something bigger.

efess wrote:

after watching the dvds I bought some wrigglers in gary glitter which i got my pb flatty of 65cm on. Sice then they have all been on the smaller side. I recently bought some bigger shads in the hope of getting a bigger flatty. in my experience, sp fishing is so much harder than the dvd makes it out to be.

efess

Mick: He probably was holding his rod tip too high, thus not letting the plastic to hit the bottom again.

Gerty: I caught my P.B. Flattie which got Catch of the Week 2 weeks back on a 100mm Squidgey Wriggler. I have also used the very very Small wrigglers on Bream. I find the Squidgey Fish not to swim very well out of the packet though the Squidgey Slick Rigs seems to be ok. The Slick Rigs 'roll' from side to side which I think is explained in the DVD.

I don't like their Jigheads very much though they tend to rip your plastic when you take them off to either change the lure or reposition it on the Jighead. They rip them because they have that extra barb coming out of the lead to hold it. Whereas the TT Jigheads (Which are the ones I prefer) Have the lead head with the lead continuing down the shank of the hook with ridges to stop movement of the plastic.

Troy

Hey Mick

Troy was half right - I was holding the tip to high and it was not allowing the SP to fall to the bottom on slack line. I was keeping too much preasure on the line and the SP was not swimming as it should.

I was lifting it off the bottom OK but not letting it drop under it's own wieght.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/09/29 20:31

Archived