dodgy ebay braid

hey guys forgot to include in the report that i finally got to try out the 30lb braid i got from ebay. i wont mention the company but it begins with M and is a native tree.

Not only did it have massive joins it looks like they tried to melt together but the breaking strain was terrible. we were practising casting some gold bombers for the barra at awoonga in the park and only applying a bit of pressure as the hook snagged on some grass/ground and it snapped.

shortie wrote:

I havnt found a cheap braid that im happy with yet. I stick to Diawa TD sensor.

hey shortie have you tried the mojiko braid from anaconda? its pretty good value comes in various lbs and is a continous spool of 300mtr ish. im happy with the 4blbs stuff ive been using, but i dont know what the heavier stuff is like.

some stuff you buy on there is rubbish. i have found platypus super braid on there at times, got a 500m spool for about $75, an absolute bargain for good braid. the mojiko stuff (i will be trying it out for the first time tonight) looks great and is bloody good value, even if it only lasts a year or so. i think just stick to a name brand if you are on ebay.

jeff - i got some shadow strike stuff too, i think it's great! i use the 80lb stuff for bigger sharks.

Brand name stuff from the states (on ebay) is the way to go. Cheap as chips compared to braid in Australia. Usually not to hard to get an 1000 yard spool for under $100 on your door step.

I have never come across Ebay cheap braid that snapped easy like that, usually it could double as a tug boat hawser! IE I got some "blue steel" braid, that was supposed to be 6lb braid, it was that thick that when I filled on a 2000 series reel,I could still cast a 100mm soft plastic far enough to spool the reel. Not to many people can claim that! I reckon there would have been 50m on there tops!

Yet I got a spool of 6lb "Fibre X" braid at the same time off the same supplier, it is thicker than normal braid, but not much. I am still using it 2 years later. Very good for a cheap braid, only issue is it wears more than normal braid. (Who cares for $9 delivered for a 300m spool!) But as mentioned, these days I buy brand name stuff from the states.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived