Squiding at newstead...maybe?

Jeryl

Haa its the question ive been thinking about all week...could there be any squid around newstead area because i reckon if the threaddies and jewies or even dolphin all call the river home so why not squid too? They're probably feeding on squid too right and newstead has the structure too but i'm just a bit doubt about the water quality and flow, or has anyone actually seen them around? :laugh:

we get a fair few in the cast net there at some times of the year. never actually taken note exactly when because they dont interest me at all but we use to get them in fairly good numbers for a couple of weeks or so before they would disapear completely again for months on end

Jeryl wrote:

Haa its the question ive been thinking about all week...could there be any squid around newstead area because i reckon if the threaddies and jewies or even dolphin all call the river home so why not squid too? They're probably feeding on squid too right and newstead has the structure too but i'm just a bit doubt about the water quality and flow, or has anyone actually seen them around? :laugh:

I have seen a Giant Squid near newstead pontoon not too long.. around 15 ft..:P

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

:blink: you serious?:blink:

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

So thats what the massive Cobia in the river eat. :P

15 ft you cant be serious mate right?!?!!

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

haha nah .. just stiring u guys alittle... but i reckon Squid needs salter waters to live.,.

i just fished the river at toowong with squid jigs and got 2 nice squid at dead low tide. both hit came right against the rock which made me think maybe a cod wanna try the big jigs. they were 28 and 31 body length( so head's not included when measuring).

also got a tiny cod no bigger than my squid jig! was gr8 fun for 1hr fishing.

only stiring :P

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i've just fished the river at toowong with squid jigs and got 2 nice squid at dead low tide. both hit came right against the rock which made me think maybe a cod wanna try the big jigs. they were 28 and 31 body length( so head's not includ thated when measuring).

was that today kev or the ones you were telling me about on msn?

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

AngGoLee wrote:

Jeryl wrote:

haha nah .. just stiring u guys alittle... but i reckon Squid needs salter waters to live.,.

I have seen them chasing cobia at Indroopilly.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers

Ray

good one man were they on those u got from me? ;)

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

i've just fished the river at toowong with squid jigs and got 2 nice squid at dead low tide. both hit came right against the rock which made me think maybe a cod wanna try the big jigs. they were 28 and 31 body length( so head's not included when measuring).

Archived