Line recommendations

boon

I'm thinking of getting some braid for my bigger spin reels so I just wanted some help. Basically, how heavy should I go for fishing on the reefs? Also is 300m of line enough for an area which is 150m deep? My daiwa freams can take 400m of pe3 and 300m of pe4 and has 9kg of drag. I also got a daiwa regal plus bite n run reel which can take slightly more line. Thanks guys

i generally go 30lb or so on the reefs, 20lb if you are keen. i have 300m of braid on my reels and have a 20lb, 30lb and a 50lb for the livies. gives you some options. as for the amount of line - 300m in 150m of water should be heaps. if you are worried about getting spooled go a bit heavier.

just wondering since boon's reel only has a max drag of 9kg, how would going heavier avoid him getting spooled? I would only assume that going with 20lb line would enable him to get more line on the reel and thus reducing the probability of getting spooled? now I've never been deep sea fishing before so I don't really know how, I was just basing the above on my own logic. :P

adri4n wrote:

just wondering since boon's reel only has a max drag of 9kg, how would going heavier avoid him getting spooled? I would only assume that going with 20lb line would enable him to get more line on the reel and thus reducing the probability of getting spooled? now I've never been deep sea fishing before so I don't really know how, I was just basing the above on my own logic. :P

Thumb on spool works a treat as drag.

Archived