Baitrunner reels

Aaron H

Chasing a new bait runner reel, I am a strong advocate for the shimano variety 4500 but having trouble justifying the price to the missus :( Has anyone used any of the cheaper baitrunners and if so are they any good or should I just hide the bank statements and go the shimano

i have 2 baitrunners they are shakespeare tidewater live bait reel model is T4480lb, purchased them from amart all sports for $100 each on special down from $150 each. havent had any problems yet, well accept for one but that was my fault, i put too much line on it and tried to use it to cast a popper a long way and got a knot because all the line was rushing off but apart from that no problems... i would recomend this reel

Post edited by: reef_raider, at: 2006/10/09 18:25

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron H wrote:

Chasing a new bait runner reel, I am a strong advocate for the shimano variety 4500

Mate my Shimano 4500 cost me $24. The local fishing shop has a big bin full of Shimano 2500 and 4500's. at $19 and $24 respectively.

You must be looking at one of the more fancy varients if your worried about budgets! :S

Archived