Deccy does it again.

rayke1938

P1010231AFO.jpg

Launched around 7.30and after some hassles with a flooded motor finally got away around 8ish.

Threw the cast net for a few prawns and poddy mullet and tried to find the sunken barge. My old gps was on a holiday so tried to pick it up by marks. Found one set but too many new houses to find cross bearing.

Forgot to say Rocket threw out a lure and picked up 2 small tailer before we got out of Weinman creek.:angry:

Mucked around for a while but couldnt pick it up so we decided to try around the red bouy off coochie.

At least I caught something there. One wobbly at least 4 ft long but it sawed through the line before I could get the lip gripper into its mouth to bring on board for measure and photo.Also got 2 small squire about 4 inches long.

Then tried for a few winter whiting for a while with nil result.

Trolled lures back to Weinman creek and Rocket got a few grinner.

Was almost back to the ramp when Rocket picked up a nice flatty so we kept trolling the creek with no more picked up. Also went up around the boats in the marina and flicked a few lures trying to tempt a bream.

Was a good day and thanks for the company Rocket. One day I will outfish you.

Cheers

Ray

P1010230AFO-1.jpg

P1010229AFO.jpg

P1010228AFO.jpg

P1010226AFO.jpg

P1010225AFO.jpg

This is the one that got away.

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/may_08_004.jpg

Shame I didn't get a better picture, the colours and patterns on the beast were impressive and it gave Ray a good workout on the handline too.:lol:

Thanks again to Ray for a great morning on the water. Today was my first time fishing those waters and I was impressed by the amount of marine life. Heaps of big turtles visited us as well as some friendly birds that knew what a cast net means!

For some reason we struggled to get much on bait today, with all my fish trolled up on lures.

The two Grinners in the photos were taken trolling at full speed (4HP 4Stroke: approx 8-10km/h) on a Rapala Glass Shad Rap that I had running just for fun. I thought I might get a tailor or small mackerel, but these Grinners must be very quick through the water.

Suprised I was:blink:

Hope the flatty tastes good Ray, I sure had fun catching him (on my favourite "Storm" lure again!).

Next time I'll try and get you Northside, take you out in my little tub to some of the local spots...then it's your turn to catch all the fish.

Rocket

post-953-144598456165_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys well done, looks like fun.

Could you post a pic of the lure that Rocket caught the tailor on. I have one similar I think, but never had any real action with it. Just curious if it is the same, if so maybe I will give it more of a go......

Cheers

Andrew

Death Ray wrote:

Hi Guys well done, looks like fun.

Could you post a pic of the lure that Rocket caught the tailor on. I have one similar I think, but never had any real action with it. Just curious if it is the same, if so maybe I will give it more of a go......

Cheers

Andrew

No worries Andrew, here it is.

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lure_storm_003.jpg

Got it from Northside Marine in a bargain bin for 1/2 price (down to $7), and it has so far caught bream, tailor, flatties and whiting, both trolling and casting.

It dives approx 1.5m but comfortably works in 3-5 foot of water.

I was so happy with it, I went back and got another one!

Rocket

post-953-144598456187_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

...PS Rocket, did the peg come with the lure or is it sold separately ?

The peg was from my own collection:P With all my time on my hands of late I am getting well aquainted with pegs, vacumes, mowers etc. But you can catch fish on "plugs" and "spoons", so I might give the peg a go, just add trebbles!:silly: I'll market it as a spring loaded popper.

Rocket

Archived