Newstead At Night Report (3/5/08)

fishyman

9pm: Me and Anthony arrive at newstead house eager to catch something nice and enjoy wetting a line

9:01pm: first dilemma, as we waved goodbye to anth's mum. anthony picks up the backpack i had brought for him loaded with his stuff. PING! strap broke. No worries i thought we'd loosen the other right off and where it as a one strap bag. yep broke that too:laugh: :( we tied them back on with some platypus lo strech 16lb and started the mission.

9:10pm: I casted out from the walkway, twicth twitch BAM, no wait its a snag and a bloody good one too. estimated 15-20kg rock. a new PB :woohoo: :side: :silly:

9:15pm: anthony puts a cast out paralell to the wall with his new tsunami super bream lure from kmart. "yep im on, what the hell. Me catching a fish:blink: " after a solid fight one of the fattest flathead i have ever seen comes to shore. estimated 50-55cm and fat as. Thats a new lure PB for anth B) quick phone pic and back she goes.

9:20pm: another PB for me :woohoo: exept this time its a crabpot:ohmy: a nice orange number too :lol:

9:30-10:30pm: walked casting along the walk the whole way for a few hits and no fish :(

10:45pm: i caught a 135cm threadfin.........just kidding if i did that id die :P

11pm: decided to have a rethink. slammed a few cokes and demolished a pack of snakes alive. and decided we would hit the mouth of brekky creek.

11:15pm: arrived at the mouth, hmmm lure choice time. i tied on my yet unproven R2S Baby Vibe 43mm in a greeny color and anthony his Chubby deep.

11:20pm: started casting away but the tide was running quite quickly at this stage. i decided if i was indeed going to fish my vibe id have to cast a few metres out and up river so it could sink properly.

11:30pm: i put a cast exactly as above. splash my lure hits down, give some slack. lift the rod, mmmm that makes a nice vibration. repeat the process. "what the, i think im on :blink: haha i am woohoo:woohoo: after an awesome fight lasting at least 5 minutes up pops another obese flathead that looks like he should have been on biggest loser. After a good net job by anth hes landed. Easily a new Brissy river PB lure flathead. estimated at 60cmish and very healthy. a few phone pics and back she goes.

11:45pm: we saw a bum :laugh:

12pm: Left for home :)

Thanks for reading even though we didnt catch much. Pics to come when anth posts them up :)

You know you can't claim that rock until you actually land it! I want to see pictures, the whole rock not just the bit the shark didn't take; I want to see you in the shot, it has to have a ruler involved and a sworn affidavit stating that you didn't just buy it from the rock shop! :laugh: :blink::blink::laugh:

Great report I think Tacklebox and I will have a bash there tonight. :) Did you leave any rocks for us? :) :)

haha we were like hey that looked like fishyman :silly:

Fishwise, we did pretty crap only one dropped flattie around 45cm and a great capture of a crab pot with a 2kg rock attached to the rope caught on 6lb fireline. i know this sounds stupid but how good must of the joining knot been. :lol:

edit: see how i forgot my shoes my feet were freezing :P

kreel wrote:

You know you can't claim that rock until you actually land it! I want to see pictures, the whole rock not just the bit the shark didn't take; I want to see you in the shot, it has to have a ruler involved and a sworn affidavit stating that you didn't just buy it from the rock shop! :laugh: :blink::blink::laugh:

Great report I think Tacklebox and I will have a bash there tonight. :) Did you leave any rocks for us? :) :)

Nah put him on the brag mat:laugh: Stonker flattie too!B)

Archived