Report: Wivenhoe - 10th May 08

username_taken

hey bommie, your the chappie with the roscoe aren't you? I've seen a couple pics of you sitting in the middle section of the canoe solo. Why is that? Do you have the usual chairs up each end?

Ray - we have a little wooden benchfor a third man in our canoe. It's okay for a little while, unless you have plenty of natural padding lol. Bommies chair looks the go, although it might be a bit low still with the slosh on the bottom?

werewolf I have the seats at each end but find sitting in the middle much more stable, you can move about to access things, more room when you land a fish etc. and my back is @#%$ed(damned dirtbikes) and I find it easier to paddle and easier on the back,

you can always screw something under it to raise it, I just fold an old blanket up and put under, raises & tilts it back & soaks up any water thats splashed in;)

I had noticed that the garage had a bit of a funny smell:blink: .

Following my nose, I narrowed the search to the boat. Last time we used it was for the Wivenhoe trip, and I know we didn't use any bait, so I thought perhaps there was a bit of mud or water under the false flooring.

Upon further investigation I came upon this little fella.

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/redclaw_005.jpg

I can only guess that one of the Bass caught and released that day coughed him up.

No prizes for guessing a good bait for Bass at Wivenhoe;)

Rocket

post-953-144598458013_thumb.jpg

Archived