Paint job

AngGoLee

Hi Everyone.

I wonder if anyone thought of how to fix the minor scratches on reels and your favourite lures? I finally had a small minor scratch on my LUvias reel yesterday when i accidently knock it against the tables and i saw a couple of my Ecogear lures with some of the paint being peel off . Just wondering if any one have every tried fixing the minor paint job by using spray paint?

Any input would be helpful !:) :)

That was a bit weird, though I did a quick reply, but it ended up as part of AnGoLee's post?.

Anyway fixed up and put in a seperate post.-

You mean you dont have comprehensive insurance on those eco gears? ;)

Fish dont seem to mind a few scratches on lures, so I dont mind. Alex has a minnow in Elton John, that is mostly clear these days it has caught that many fish, still catches fish.

its just art of fishing mate shit always scratchs...i hop eyou dont wax your line so it wont get wet either???

lures catch fish with scratch's. some of my best lures are almost clear now that they have seen so many fish and still taking the same amount of fish as when they had paint...i think that ecogear r the worst quality (paint wise) jap lures they peel very easily.

as with the reel maybe a air brushing person would do it..but i wouldnt bother with the luvias by the time u get it fixed your looking at prob $50+.

saltshaker wrote:

its just art of fishing mate shit always scratchs...i hop eyou dont wax your line so it wont get wet either???

lures catch fish with scratch's. some of my best lures are almost clear now that they have seen so many fish and still taking the same amount of fish as when they had paint...i think that ecogear r the worst quality (paint wise) jap lures they peel very easily.

as with the reel maybe a air brushing person would do it..but i wouldnt bother with the luvias by the time u get it fixed your looking at prob $50+.

Yeah i reckon so .. Japanese lures are great with casting and action but the are not as durable as aussie lures. Anyway i given up trying to find the perfect paint for y luvias might just get a paint marker ( metallica Silver ) and try to cover up the tiny scratchs.. just wonder .. what kind of pain they used for lures and reels?

:P

You need to be really careful if your going to partially paint over a lure, some paints react badly with other paints, even when years old. If you try it, just do one first and wait a day or two to make sure its not going to make the original paint peel off!If it is ok - then go for it.

Also be careful with imported lures, if your going to sand them etc, you dont know what is in the paint, remember they still use lead based paint a lot overseas!

There was a bloke selling a swag of brand name lures on ebay a month or two back, he had painted them all silver. Geez they looked bad, looked like he had dipped them in a tin of cold Galv.

Ferg paints all his home made lures with a little air brush kit, does a fantastic job.

Feral wrote:

You need to be really careful if your going to partially paint over a lure, some paints react badly with other paints, even when years old. If you try it, just do one first and wait a day or two to make sure its not going to make the original paint peel off!If it is ok - then go for it.

Also be careful with imported lures, if your going to sand them etc, you dont know what is in the paint, remember they still use lead based paint a lot overseas!

There was a bloke selling a swag of brand name lures on ebay a month or two back, he had painted them all silver. Geez they looked bad, looked like he had dipped them in a tin of cold Galv.

Ferg paints all his home made lures with a little air brush kit, does a fantastic job.

sweet .. thanks for the advice feral. Just afraid that i ight end up making things worse than what they really are. I aint no picasso.. LOL:)

Archived