Brisbane River tomorrow 29th may

chubbstar

I'm off from work and have an itch I need to scratch, I'm thinking of head over to the Brisbane River for some land based fun.

I've only fished the river by boat, so some help in finding a good land based spot would be a real bonus. Can anyone help?

Anyone want to meet up for a fish?

Jayson

With spots, depends what you want.. Do you just want a comfortable spot where you can chuck out a livie or big dead bait and relax while the vermin takes place and gives you a chance at a thready or, fish the light stuff for bream, cod ect.. or for flattys.. the list goes on, were you thinking lures or bait?

Would love to join you but have to work.

Some spots I've had success at landbased are:

Under the bridge at fishermans island

Aquarium passage

Pontoon at the St Lucia rowing club

Indooroopilly public pontoon, near the golf course

pontoon under the indooroo bridge

Have fun!

brisfisher wrote:

how good are rdo's;)should give west end a go,theres plenty of landbased options round that way,ill be there tomorrow soakin some livies waiting for my 1m+ thtreaddie:P

Ok mate I'll meet you there is ya like?

How do I get there. I'll type it into the computer and get directions;)

and thanks for the help Pinky/elli;)

woops and Troy:)

sweet,i was thinking one of the pontoons near the rowing club or maybe a bit further down towards the ferry has been producing some threaddies recently but il probs b there around 10ish?where ya heading in from?vulture street would probs be the best way into west end.hope this helps

pinkey wrote:

That looks like a pretty cool spot troy, like a little creek/drain How deep is it roughly?

not sure how deep mate i've only fished there on the high tide and there is no evidence of a creek at all but google earth shows differently:) there is a rock wall aswell running along the mud flats good flattie country i reckon. might have to check it out at low tide and find the creek:)

I'll be coming from Carindale. I'l just go have a look at the map.

Driving a Blue Commodore Wagon with AFO sticker on the back window.

Jayson

Ok mate I had a look and I know how to get to west end, but what street will I use to find you. West end is a big place:blush:

West End parklands?

Archived