NPD, 30 May 2008

EMP

After not being able to visit the dam yesterday to take care of my sick kid, I finally had my chance today.

It was a bit chilly, windy and as you all know-----raining pretty hard. But in spite all these, oh boy am I glad I braved the weather and all!

I had my day all mapped out: drive my wife to work, then do something work-related in Caboolture then I have all afternoon for myself.

So, at about 12 noon, I arrived at Bullocky and as expected, a bit windy, chilly and very wet. I walked around for a while looking for a spot. Finding one, I spent an hour there getting nothing- absolutely nothing. While this was going on, I noticed this bird (I forgot what it’s called; an older gentleman I met some time ago told me about it) just floating and doing its thing a few meters away from me.

Bored, I decided to walk around in search for another spot. Once I got nearer the bird, it made loud noises as if it wanted to attack me.

About 15 minutes later and catching nothing, I decided to go back to where my esky was. Again, as I got near the bird, it made that annoying sound. I was thinking maybe it wanted to say something, like maybe asking for help?

Upon a closer look, geez, the bird (or duck) indeed needed help. A fishing line was all over it! The line in fact was causing the bird to bleed a bit already. It was tied up quite badly. I took my shoes off and decided to get it out of the water and free it up.

It was not an easy task with the bird trying to peck on my hands. It took me a while to free her up but it was well worth it. I told myself, “hey EMP, you may not catch a fish today but this is a very beautiful experience alreadyâ€Â. I really felt good after seeing the bird move away--- really #$#^&*!@$##+ good!

Here's the poor bird: [img size=371]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Nokia_pix_220.jpg

post-2597-144598459724_thumb.jpg

A few minutes after the bird moved away, I got my first fish. It was a 30-ish bass. She was let go to be Dino’s 60-ish one day.

Around 2:30, I decided to go to the opposite side of Bullocky. Second cast and I was on. She fought hard for a baby. I enjoyed her company until releasing her back to be Kriso’s 100th bass (mate, believe me, if I could catch bass, so could you a hundred fold!).

3:15, another aggressive bite. This time it was not very strong but more persistent. I decided to play with it longer than usual and …….. she got away one meter from land.

4:15, getting frustrated now. I was tired and cold. AND I only had less than an hour to go as I had to leave by 5PM.

THIS WAS WHEN THE FUN BEGAN!

About the same time, I caught a good-looking fish. This time I decided to keep her. She looked too yummy--- dinner. Incredibly hard to resist.

And for the next 40 minutes, I caught a few more bass! I’ve never caught so many in so short a time. I just couldn’t figure out what was happening. They were striking one after the other. It was unbelievable! I wanted to stay longer but it was pretty dark and I was picking up my wife. Maybe I should just divorce her?

So after 5 hours at Bullocky, lady luck smiled at me catching seven (or was it eight), keeping one, zero yellowbelly and a head cold.

I can’t wait for my next flick. But meanwhile, I’ll have to work for the next 5 days… including Sunday.

EMP

Here's the keeper's photo with the conqueror. [img size=375]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Nokia_pix_228.jpg

post-2597-144598459728_thumb.jpg

Archived