My ReFit has begun.....First run results posted

bigtez

hey terry, what tool did you use to sand the edges mate.. ??

im guessing a 4 in disc .... ply is the go for that ... its so forgivable to finish off...

did you put some ally angle up the inside of the box ?? be easy to glue some in eh !! nice work mate... very nice...

excuse my ignorance , but what does the logo stand for ??

Maxi

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went back to the shed after dinner and got a little more done. Its so slow when you can only work on it for an hour at a time.

As I sadi earlier I have layed some fibre glass behind the unsupported joins in the console to stop them moving. I will then have to bog the cracks in the front and smooth of all the bumps so they don't show when I cover it. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_5361.jpg

post-1326-144598460317_thumb.jpg

I have been busy carpeting the boards for the casting platforms this afternoon. If any one wants to see how I do it then I have a heap of photos to do a step by step tutorial. Its fairly simple to figure out so I don't know if its worth the time to post it.

I will be trial fitting the floors, console and possibly wiring it all up tonight so should have some more progress pics later tonight.

Hit a bit of a snag when I went to fit the drivers seat, there is some floor bracing where tht pedestal goes. Will address it tomorrow. I managed to get the steering cable and helm/wheel bolted to the console and found I need to make some room for the cable. There is always something to slow down the progress when you are on a roll.

Terry

Just got back from the test run which was a bit of a failure. :( I didn't have the throttle adjusted properly and couldn't get full throttle in gear. Have it sorted now so I should be right for another test run on monday after I get back from the Borumba comp.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

saltshaker wrote:

hey mate im about to sprey mine now i just have about 1/2 day of welding to go..who did your spraying for you?

my boat looks exactly the same mate..right down to the bow mount plate we welded in yesterday

I sprayed it my self.

Thanks all.

The Plan.....

After looking at SeaBreeze I have decided to pull my finger out and try and get her back on the water for this Sunday. That means lining the hull and side decks on wednesday night glassing up the rear well on thursday night and fitting everything back in on friday night and saturday. I will try and remember to take pictures as I go.

Terry

Archived