NPD Forgans Cove Round 2

Dec

Well after the great day we had the day before we were off today to try and get some more. My fishing companions today were David, George and Hamish who had never got a bass. Well me and George got to the spot to see David with the first fish of the day at a nice 45cm they had only been there for five minutes. So set up Hamish’s rod cast it in for him and said you will get a fish this cast sure enough 3 winds in he is on after a short fight in comes a 40cm fish pics are taken then it was released. David is next on brings in a little guy then I look at his spinnerbait dark purple thought to myself wonder if black would work. So I tied it on 1st cast a hit then second a bass at about 35cm then next cast bang this is a better fish wait he is in the grass but then after some pulling I ripped the hook out mabee I should have walked in oh well at least I am not wet. Cast it in again another fish at about 30cm. Then everyone changes spinnerbait but only George got another fish on that. I then changed to a dark purple spinnerbait then 4 fish latter they wouldn’t hit it. Then Hamish got a small fish then David this went on for a while with small fish all around 35cm. So I changed to a soft plastic and 3 casts latter bang into a snag gave him some slack and he swam out then in comes a 47cm bass. Next cast few hits then the next 2 casts were fish. Hamish then got into the school the other two and they shut down. So I changed to a rev head and a while latter I finally got another fish. Then Hamish says I am getting bored I am gona change to a spinnerbait and he put on my dark purple spinner bait . Then after a few casts I hear zzzzzzzzzzzzz…………zzzzzzzzzz Hamish is on after a long fight in slides a 52cm bass he was stoked he said it was the biggest fish he had ever caught. After a few smile filled pics in she goes and Hamish is keen to catch another. George wanted to try something different so he tried a ½ ounce switch blade after a fishless half hour George finally is on with the switchblade and it went 45cm. So Hamish says I want to use one of those and sure enough after a few casts he gets smashed and it went straight into the snags and busted him off. Also somewhere in the day I got a 45 and a 48 and David got a 51cm fish just can’t remember where they fit in the story.

Time to call it a day says David and disappointed I said yes if we have to by this time it was 4pm. We also started fishing at 10:45am. Fish were a lot smaller than yesterdays fish.

End Tally

Hamish: 4 fish best 52cm

George: 4 fish best 45cm

David: 6 fish best 51cm

Me: 9 or 10 fish best 48cm

Hamishes first bass [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npdbass_9.jpg

post-1303-144598459813_thumb.jpg

Archived