Baroon pocket Late Sat arvo flick

pcsolutionman

Finished work at 2pm up past Maleny, had the yak on the roof and gear in the car so I decided to stop at the dam and have a fish, Launched on the maleny side and was fishing by about 3pm headed to a close weed bed and started throwing a Tn60 around 5 mins in and I got a solid hookup not a big fish though only about 30cm quickly released I continued along the weed bed, a couple of casts later im on again better fish this time and he got me deep in the weed, loaded right up giving him some hurt trying to pull him out and SNAP the rod just shattered :ohmy: :huh::unsure::angry: :angry: dam just wound hard and skull dragged what ended up being a 38cm bass, first thought dam these baroon bass fight so much harder than NP bass. second thought Dam dont have a second rod. probly the first time id gone fishing with just the one outfit in the yak for a year or more and I snap a rod. I didnt want to go home so decided a on the spot repair was in need :woohoo: :woohoo: So I got the pliers out and cut a 6" or so section out of where the rod snapped about 2 feet from the tip jammed the tip section inside the butt section ok cool a good tight fit I then got some leader out of my bag and bound the 3 or so inches of rod where the tip went in wholla a bodgied up rod I can fish on :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Got one more from the weedbed before it went quite, so I headed for my favourite eastern bank got there to find another couple of yakkers fishing but had not even got a hit:dry: , underturbed I continued along got onto a school and landed 5 more on the broken rod the biggest going 42cm and went like a train. most of the fish where between 30-35cm and one that id rather not mention lol. anyway ended up getting 8 all up in about 2 and a half hours not too bad. Sorry no pics, I have a couple on my phone ill add if I can find the cable later

Lee

Rocket75 wrote:

tacklebox wrote:
macgyver would've been proud :laugh: thanks for the report!

some of our younger members may need an explanation on that comment:blush: :silly:

Can you youngsters write a little louder, some of us oldies don't read so well anymore!:laugh:

Rocket75 wrote:

tacklebox wrote:

some of our younger members may need an explanation on that comment:blush: :silly:

Before Jack O'Neil got a hair cut and joined Stargate command, he was a handyman with a "wicked mullet" known as McGyver, who could fix anything with a swiss army knife and a paper clip.

Feral wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:
tacklebox wrote:

Bwfore Jack O'Neil got a hair cut and joined Stargate command, he was a handyman with a "wicked mullet" known as McGyver, who could fix anything with a swiss army knife.

Now some of older members may need an explanation of the explanation:P

Angus wrote:

Cheers Lee. Thats good news for Baroon. Ill be fishing next weekend so good to know :)

Angus

You mean at Baroon? I am seriously thinking of going up and giving Alex a run in his boat at Baroon next weekend, depending on Leave pass from "she who must be obeyed".

Give me a chance to try out the trim with the various battery boxes I have built for him.

Archived