SP Sessions Back On

Smithy

Found them again today with a group of concretors aboard, not that I had been chasing them with the Mahi Mahi being so reliable. In close was the only option with the winds we experienced. They finally got the forecast right worse luck for us after two days of light winds on ordinary forecasts.

Went one direction first up and was looking like a bust trip with only the Blue Maori in the box so went 180degrees and came up trumps. They bit all day on the softies as we only got there about 9:00 with one of the 67cms coming at 1:00 and a double hookup at 12:00. Lost a few and got busted up once plus heaps of bumps and hits and throwbacks. Will be interesting to see how they fire if I hit them at dawn. We even caught them with Bananas aboard and first drop for Adam after he had just eaten one!

boys1.jpg

catch1.jpg

One of the guys had his own Shimano Twinpower setup and was using Gulps. I have a few 2000, 4000 & 6000 Shimanos on Wilson Lightnings and Daiwa Coastal rods in various breaking strains. I use a lot of Berkley Powerbaits, Terminator Snapbacks, Atomic Jerk Shads etc. This was out of Mooloolaba.

Archived