Another Braid Question

fishyman

except this time its not about which one :P

Um, looking to spool up my new Biomaster 2000 with sunline castaway 10lb. I have only ever seen it in 150m spools, the thing is i want a whole spool of it because i hate backing lol.

So, has anyone seen 300m spools of sunline castaway 10lb anywhere?

Thanks guys

well, i put 10lb fireline on for my trip to noosa and the stuff gave me the absolute shits :angry: no windknots just shithouse casting and handling.

my dad has 10lb sunline and hasnt had a problem.

ive only used true braids, FINS, super pe, superbraid etc all in the 4-8lb range and havnt really ever had problems with leaders cutting or wind knots.

charltons have little spools of it so they should be able to get a big spool. im hating the cost though :S

it's interesting... i wind about 20-50m of backing onto all my reels depending on capacity and then throw 300m of braid over top where it will fit, obviously making the spool totally full is ideal for casting etc. i've never had a knot weakness issue, i use a heavier mono backing than the braid and it goes fine. i've seen the backing a few times on my TLD20 with 300m of 80lb braid on bigger sharks in the channel off moreton. i had the knot out once (doubled over uni-uni) and it held up great. guess it's just different strokes. :S i just did what the guys at the tackleshop told me to do... :laugh:

for 10lb braid the TD sensor goes good, only "expensive" line i've ever bought.

First fill with new braid I prefer no backing, that way in 12 or 18 months when your braid is getting low, you just tie some mono on, refill the spool, then take it all off and turn it around wind it back on (mono first)and your right to go again.

Archived