Attend Pine river clean 10Aug08

rayke1938

I have started just for people to notify their intention of participating in the Pine River clean.

Please keep it just for this purpose.

State if shore based, canoe/yak or boat and number of people attending and if you intend to compete in the AFO flathead prefish,

Cheers

Ray

if its warm im in my canoe ifits cold im in the boat but ill be netting crap for my snag

on a side note i live on cabbage tree creek and could fill bins with rubish on a regular basis but have to pay to dump it ive gone along with this till i couldnt dump gas bottles i ended up using some for land fill but it was a real pain so does anyone know whom id have to contact for removal of this rubish.

thanks jason:)

Jason,

Took a guess where you are.

Deagon Ward - Victoria Newton - 36676011

Bracken Ridge - Amanda Cooper - 3667 6000

just call the office explain what you do and would like to keep doing it but hate paying to dump it. I think you will find they will do their best to help you. A friend deals with Amanda on and off and talks well of her.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who is able to help out. Following is what should be the final details.

At the moment there are approx. 20 fishos from different areas who are committed to showing up to do a flathead pre-fish and the clean up. Reports from the Pine are that the flathead are still available in good numbers around the 50cm mark.

People are picking their own start times but coming back into Dohles Rocks around 12.00 - 12.30 to meet up for a feed and a drink. The council will provide a sausage sizzle at the bbqs east of the boat ramp. Once we've had a feed, anounced the prize winners from the prefish we will kick off on the clean up at 1.30pm and finish around 4.00 - 4.30. Graeme will cook off what ever food is left in case anyone is still peckish and then call it a day.

As confirmed earlier Alex from Viking Kayaks is donating one of his legendary Kayak Trolleys as a prize for the people fishing from kayaks and not to be outdone David and Gareth from TT Lures will be putting together a prize pack for the people doing the bank and/or tinnie approach. (I did try to get some of the new model Switch Blades but they won't be out of production in time, bugger!!) Thankyou to these guys for supporting this and trying help make it a little more fun.

I did my best to find a green group willing take on the challenge of getting more volunteers in place on the day than fishos but unfortunately with no success so I guess it's up to the fishos again. Maybe one of the groups will take us on next year.

No worries Big Tez! Same thing happened to Ray!

For the canoe and Kayakers out there, I am taking my Dam boat, and putting the 6hp on it. So my speed will be somewhere around your speed, so what I will be doing is cruising and collecting rubbish myself, but I will also act as the "mother ship" for you blokes, so you can come and offload what you have collected from time to time, save you having to go back to the ramp every time you get a load.

Although I must say the number of yakkers coming along is surprising low, considering the prize up for grabs in the prefish!

I will not be able to attend as I have been informed that I have a family and we are going to esk for the weekend to visit daughter.It wasnt well received when I said why cant she come to Brisbane to visit as she hasnt been to Brisbane for 4 years.( bloody hermit ).

So looks like a icy fishless weekend for me as I have also been banned from taking the canoe so I can have a fish in wivenhoe.

The trials and tribulations of being a male.

Why do toilet seats have a hinge on them if they arnt made to be left up???

Cheers

Ray

Ramp is a good newish 2 lane ramp, bugger all dedicated boat parking, but plenty of road to park along.

Coming up the highway from the south, take the first exit straight after the pine river bridge, turn right at bottom of ramp, follow road to Dohles Rocks (there are signs, but same road all the way) for a few k's. Looks a real little country road, so dont panic!

Good on you Emp, its always nice to give something back to your sport.

Went down to the ramp this arvo for a look.

Plenty of new parking spots for cars, and people with 3 foot boat trailers. Otherwise along the road, plenty of room.

Was a little girl with her dad there, fishing off the end of the ramp with a pink durango setup. She was giving dad an earful because he was tossing back the undersize bream she was catching!

Confirming it is a 2 lane good ramp, BBQ's are right up the eastern end of the foreshore (probably 3 or 400m from the ramp).

I'll see if the dusk photo's on my new camera are worth posting a bit later.

If you have a look on the front page there should be a story on it with links to some forms, I'll email the bloke with the rough numbers anyway.

Boat Ramp

P8060003.jpg

Edge of Ramp / flats

P8060005.jpg

Parking , boat trailers best on other side of road.(small boat trailer in first few, then pretty much only long enough for cars)

P8060004.jpg

Ok, anyone want to nominate a kick off time for the prefish comp? I'll probably be looking at getting there reasonably early.

Also we are apparently looking for a few live fish to be kept for some secret squirrel business (actually I was supposed to ring Shayne to find out why, but forgot until after knockoff time, so have to wait until tomorrow!)He is after a couple of Flathead and bream. So if you have a live tank, you can put it to good use on the day!

Me dad and george are fishing and cleaning up in our tinny we have a live tank so we will keep a few flaties and bream if we get any. Just need to get a few more details on time for start of the pre fish. We will be based from Dohles Rocks hope we can mabe win some TT gear.

Archived